Lionel Messi - v7

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nope.

I won't hate him but I'll consider him as an opponent. I won't root for him to win titles with a team I don't care about unless they'd play against RM or a Mourinho led team (those are the only teams/coaches I'm always against regardless of who they play).

I won't start supporting or following City more just because he'd go there just like I didn't with Pep. Probably haven't watched more than 5-10 full City games over the last few years.

That's reasonable. It was aimed more at some people who have irrational hatred for Pep that said he doesn't care about Barca and never has which is just funny given he started off as a Ball Boy at Camp Nou.

serghei

People sees what they want to see for sure.
But again, you are listening to things that leaked by board.
There is way more evidence than Messi walking away from a nobody assistant coach in one game.
Bartou has consistently fired everyone but himself. Even Laporta who was called for this had his untouchables within the team, like Txiki for example.
With Batrou we are having what? Zubi/Braida/Roberto/Segura/Abidal/Planas? 7 guys in 7 years calling shots?
5th coach now?
Change of players without plan?
Leaked rumors from media.
Koeman doing the dirty job for him without even being properly supported from the board? I mean if you care that much about Koeman why defend the man stabbing him from the back?
Everything being handled to the media and made a circus? Suddenly no one was putting blame on board after people were calling for their head, and all on the players? Players that they want to keep except for Suarez?

Ex-players hating on board? no one is touching them and supporting Messi? Not even trying to convince him to change his mind?

If someone is giving somebody benefit of the doubt it is surely not me.

Amigos are old lethargic players who aren't motivated. That is true, and it is true it hurts us.
Amigos acting like a gang to prevent the club from change? That is conspiracy right there.

Sorry, I just don't see it like that.

For me it's something like this (some are personal interpretations, some are probable things, some are proven things, make what you will from it).

Leaving aside tabloid stuff like media leaked stories and whatnot, board fucked up in some areas big time.

Their biggest mistakes:

1 - bad transfers with no real plan, blowing up a huge amount of money.
2 - supporting the amigos while their influence in the team got to unhealthy levels.

But the amigos were surely not unhappy with 2). Them getting the best deals possible from this board, even though they were clearly declined stars who were far from performing according to their rank as highest paid players in the world. No. Surely not. Surely them getting the biggest salaries in world football while being past it and becoming European embarrassments every year wasn't something they complained about. What could they have said? This board is absolutely shameful, they're giving us way too much money? :lol:

In 2019, when Barca was managed by the Amigos' favorite Ernesto Valverde, everything was fine according to the veterans. The players even said they are to blame after the Liverpool fiasco. Certainly not the manager. Nothing about the board as well. All was well, and veterans took the blame on them.

Then Valverde was sacked, 6 months later, and complains started to happen. Obviously, they didn't sanction the sacking of Valverde, they loved the guy. Messi publicly signaled out Abidal, who said some of the players complained about the trainings intensity, as one of the reasons Valverde was dismissed. Rumors even said De Jong had to work extra to keep in shape with his personal trainer and whatnot, due to trainings not being serious (Spalletti joked as well about our match prep, and even Malcom said in Russia the trainings at Barca under EV were very soft). Messi went out publicly and blamed the board then, and directly Abidal. But for what? Basically it was for sacking Valverde. A player they had vouched for.

Setien started to implement some changes, but he was weak. The squad, and veterans in particularly had other plans. At this time, we see more news appearing about dissent between the veterans and Setien. Then we hear about Bartomeu stepping in and having a meeting with Setien to mend things over. At that time we see an interview by Bartomeu, where he speaks about the manager "talking with the main players of the locker-room and together making the best decisions". Some bullshit like that. We can only guess what the meeting was about, because from then on, veterans had full lower, and Setien and his staff took a relaxed approach, a la Valverde. Then the disaster in CL happens, and suddenly Bartomeu does a 180 degrees U-Turn on the veterans. The same veterans he protected all this time. The same veterans he rewarded with insanely expensive and long contracts, putting this club in financial trouble (along with his failed transfers).

And he names Koeman, and does the one thing he didn't do before. Grows a pair. Gives him power over anyone, including the veteran core. Including Messi. And Koeman starts to make clear changes. Veterans get dropped, including huge names like Suarez. Messi has a meeting with Koeman, and news report that Koeman said no more privileges for certain veteran players (obviously, Messi, Suarez, Pique etc.).

And now what do we see, Messi threatens to leave.

Last edited:

jairzinho

The new project is the single most important issue right now. Not Barto, not Messi, Not Suarez not the board or anv of the amigos. Anyone who loves FCB and is connected with the club should be thinking long term. In 2 years, Barto, Suarez, Messi will all be long gone and the club will remain. Most fans are naturally emotional about Leo's departure but if he wants to leave then we should arrange his departure in the most amicable of ways and move on with rebuilding the club.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
The new project is the single most important issue right now. Not Barto, not Messi, Not Suarez not the board or anv of the amigos. Anyone who loves FCB and is connected with the club should be thinking long term. In 2 years, Barto, Suarez, Messi will all be long gone and the club will remain. Most fans are naturally emotional about Leo's departure but if he wants to leave then we should arrange his departure in the most amicable of ways and move on with rebuilding the club.

This!

We don't want to be the next AC Milan.

jairzinho

Sorry, I just don't see it like that.

For me it's something like this (some are personal interpretations, some are probable things, some are proven things, make what you will from it).

Leaving aside tabloid stuff like media leaked stories and whatnot, board fucked up in some areas big time.

Their biggest mistakes:

1 - bad transfers with no real plan, blowing up a huge amount of money.
2 - supporting the amigos while their influence in the team got to unhealthy levels.

But the amigos were surely not unhappy with 2). Them getting the best deals possible from this board, even though they were clearly declined stars who were far from performing according to their rank as highest paid players in the world. No. Surely not. Surely them getting the biggest salaries in world football while being past it and becoming European embarrassments every year wasn't something they complained about. What could they have said? This board is absolutely shameful, they're giving us way too much money? :lol:

In 2019, when Barca was managed by the Amigos' favorite Ernesto Valverde, everything was fine according to the veterans. The players even said they are to blame after the Liverpool fiasco. Certainly not the manager. Nothing about the board as well. All was well, and veterans took the blame on them.

Then Valverde was sacked, 6 months later, and complains started to happen. Obviously, they didn't sanction the sacking of Valverde, they loved the guy. Messi publicly signaled out Abidal, who said some of the players complained about the trainings intensity, as one of the reasons Valverde was dismissed. Rumors even said De Jong had to work extra to keep in shape with his personal trainer and whatnot, due to trainings not being serious (Spalletti joked as well about our match prep, and even Malcom said in Russia the trainings at Barca under EV were very soft). Messi went out publicly and blamed the board then, and directly Abidal. But for what? Basically it was for sacking Valverde.

Setien started to implement some changes, but he was weak. The squad, and veterans in particularly had other plans. At this time, we see more news appearing about dissent between the veterans and Setien. Then we hear about Bartomeu stepping in and having a meeting with Setien to mend things over. At that time we see an interview by Bartomeu, where he speaks about the manager "talking with the main players of the locker-room and together making the best decisions". Some bullshit like that. We can only guess what the meeting was about, because from then on, veterans had full lower, and Setien and his staff took a relaxed approach, a la Valverde. Then the disaster in CL happens, and suddenly Bartomeu does a 180 degrees U-Turn on the veterans. The same veterans he protected all this time. The same veterans he rewarded with insanely expensive and long contracts, putting this club in financial trouble (along with his failed transfers).

And he names Koeman, and does the one thing he didn't do before. Grows a pair. Gives him power over anyone, including the veteran core. Including Messi. And Koeman starts to make clear changes. Veterans get dropped, including huge names like Suarez. Messi has a meeting with Koeman, and news report that Koeman said no more privileges for certain veteran players (obviously, Messi, Suarez, Pique etc.).

And now what do we see, Messi threatens to leave.

This is the most accurate reflection of all the events so far.

Kul_z

We all know that Messi was our blessing and the curse last couple of years. I'm actually sad that he is leaving, specially the way it's going to happen, but I also believe it's the end of the his cycle. How we are going to rebuild this team around Messi when he is already 33 and well past his prime. It wouldn't be fair to him and not fair to new players. Again I don't want him to leave because it's hard to imagine Messi not playing for Barcelona, but logically it makes sense. Let's just dump all these "amigo" conspiracies. It's his time , too bad he is going to leave like this and it doesn't do justice for the fans who were there rain and shine chanting his name game-in, game out.

In that spirit:

'Messi wants Di Maria'
'Messi wants Neymar'
'Messi wants Lautaro'
'Messi wants Aguero'
'Messi praises Arthur'
'Messi praises Mane'
Etc...

'Messi praises Xavi as the coach'

Messi's amigo Dani fucking Alves has left the club and played cl final, neymar left the club and played cl final, di maria played cl final..

Messi doesnt run this club, if he did dani alves would never leave, neymar would never leave. Only thing why he didnt leave its because he loves the club, to the point when it hurts.

I can totaly understand his frustration.

Since 2015.

Xavi left, rakitic was supposed to be a gas stop middlefielder. After rakitic, ALL FLOPS until de jong(4 years later)

We let Dani Alves go like we had a better, just entering his prime Dani Alves in our pocket.
Coincidence or not, thats the right side of the pitch, where he operates and barto and co did fuck nothing to improve that side, we'are in shambles since then.

Neymar left for 222m.

Iniesta left.

Everything happening while madrid was winning cl's with shitty football, while maintaining the 'old' core and believing in project.

From the best middlefield ever, with thiago being a sub, to legs long gone busi, rakitic and the 'third' behind his back.

For fuck sake.

Home of Barca Fans