Lionel Messi - v7

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So will people hate Messi and wish him ill if he joins City like they do with Pep?

"Not a Barca legend", "Overrated"

Richard.H

So will people hate Messi and wish him ill if he joins City like they do with Pep?

"Not a Barca legend", "Overrated"

No, just that half this forum traffic would go down. Most posters here will post on their forums and never come back here.

Messi983

They can't afford him so will never happen but would like to see him playing for Bielsa at Leeds. Try to win a PL with them. I'd consider this a bigger achievement than winning a CL with City or PSG.

khaled_a_d

You think Messi has a problem with Koeman? Yes or no please.

I said it few times.
I think he has a problem with the message that was passed through Koeman: That he has privileges.
Before a simple training session, Koeman acting this way tells he recieved information from inside the club, informatiom Messi disagrees.

This has been something consistent with Messi, he was made at Sampaoli looking fot him in NT, he wanted Sampaoli to treat him like other players so that he won't be involved in squad discussions.
He was made when Abidal went to the media, basically calling players without naming names and putting shades on Messi.

And now, it seems our board strikes again, shifting blame on us.

Another scenario:
Messi already was thinking to leave after that 14th of August night (why always on my birthday :banghead: ), this is something we already knew from the media.
He had talks then with Koeman. Koeman failed to change his mind.
So Koeman isn't the problem, but he isn't the answer.

TLDR, no. I don't think he has a problem with Koeman. For a player who seen a lot here, I doubt a 30 ,minutes conversation with new coach will make him take drastic measures.

mssarm

We all know that Messi was our blessing and the curse last couple of years. I'm actually sad that he is leaving, specially the way it's going to happen, but I also believe it's the end of the his cycle. How we are going to rebuild this team around Messi when he is already 33 and well past his prime. It wouldn't be fair to him and not fair to new players. Again I don't want him to leave because it's hard to imagine Messi not playing for Barcelona, but logically it makes sense. Let's just dump all these "amigo" conspiracies. It's his time , too bad he is going to leave like this and it doesn't do justice for the fans who were there rain and shine chanting his name game-in, game out.

serghei

I said it few times.
I think he has a problem with the message that was passed through Koeman: That he has privileges.
Before a simple training session, Koeman acting this way tells he recieved information from inside the club, informatiom Messi disagrees.

This has been something consistent with Messi, he was made at Sampaoli looking fot him in NT, he wanted Sampaoli to treat him like other players so that he won't be involved in squad discussions.
He was made when Abidal went to the media, basically calling players without naming names and putting shades on Messi.

And now, it seems our board strikes again, shifting blame on us.

Another scenario:
Messi already was thinking to leave after that 14th of August night (why always on my birthday :banghead: ), this is something we already knew from the media.
He had talks then with Koeman. Koeman failed to change his mind.
So Koeman isn't the problem, but he isn't the answer.

TLDR, no. I don't think he has a problem with Koeman. For a player who seen a lot here, I doubt a 30 ,minutes conversation with new coach will make him take drastic measures.

Sure, again, as if we didn't see Messi flat out disrespecting the managers live vs Celta. You wouldn't consider that privileges? You consider normal for the captain to walk away when a manager is giving him instructions?

There's been articles from reputable sources talking about Messi's special powers.

I think you're giving him faaar to much benefit of the doubt. There have been many signs over the last few years. For some reason, people choose to disregard all.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

They can't afford him so will never happen but would like to see him playing for Bielsa at Leeds. Try to win a PL with them. I'd consider this a bigger achievement than winning a CL with City or PSG.

Beilsa is a Setien level of coach,may be slightly better. I would never wish Messi to play under him.

Home of Barca Fans