Lionel Messi - v7

mssarm

Lucho inherited a team with prime Messi, Neymar, Saurez, Alves, Pique, Masch, Alba, Busi and Iniesta all in it.

Dawg, Roy Hodgson could have probably come in here and competed for a treble with that team.

It's easy to explain things after they happen , but back in those days the dominant mood in this forum was: we are not winning shit, Neymar is useless and overrated, Messi is finished, Xavi/Iniesta / Busy are washed up, Pique without Puyol is headless chicken, Masche is playing out of position, Alves on his last legs.

Richard.H

It's easy to explain things after they happen , but back in those days the dominant mood in this forum was: we are not winning shit, Neymar is useless and overrated, Messi is finished, Xavi/Iniesta / Busy are washed up, Pique without Puyol is headless chicken, Masche is playing out of position, Alves on his last legs.

ya forum back then was not too different from now, a lot more complaining about not having true striker since Eto'o and Villa, Neymar overrated and can't finish, and Pique being dogshit without Puyol. Also i remember how furious everyone would get with Alexis the season before :lol:

ItachiXXX

I think the issue for Messi is not that his privileges are over, but that Koeman implied that he has any privilege at all. I think that is what made him furious.

Koeman is the mouth piece of Barto. It's even ridiculous for someone to even say that to Messi. It's disrespectful ASF when Barca enjoyed his goals and assist every season. So deep inside, you want this fight I will give you this fight.

Andrew M

If Messi can get a hat trick of goals or assists vs Burnley, Aston Villa, or Leeds, then I rest my case on whatever I said about Messi. I will eat my words

Messi's performances in the Premier League if he moves there won't prove anything. You're just succumbing to tired cliches and stereotyping

KingLeo10

It depends on his motivation.

If motivated, he'll probably destroy the EPL considering what some of the other quality la liga talent (i.e. Silva) have done, even at advanced age.

Givenchy

Outcome 1: Messi leaves Barca for City, destroys the PL and everyone is left asking WTF Barca were smoking not begging him to stay. Barca finish 3rd in la liga, bow out of the CL early but not in humiliation

Outcome 2: Messi stays at Barca, spends most of the season sulking until Koeman is sacked. we get humiliated in the CL again with club de amigos and he leaves on a free next year

feels like both are inevitable

Richard.H

Outcome 1: Messi leaves Barca for City, destroys the PL and everyone is left asking WTF Barca were smoking not begging him to stay. Barca finish 3rd in la liga, bow out of the CL early but not in humiliation

Outcome 2: Messi stays at Barca, spends most of the season sulking until Koeman is sacked. we get humiliated in the CL again with club de amigos and he leaves on a free next year

feels like both are inevitable

He should just leave if he's going to sulk. I rather see Messi happy even if it's at another club. If he can lead them to a PL and CL then it's done and dusted, he's the GOAT.

Jallo

La Liga is going to lose relevancy without any real star anymore. Dark dayz ahead as we start thinking about wether we can qualify for Europa.

KingLeo10

Smart to him to link up with the best attacking tactician in the world in Guardiola.

If it happens, Guardiola will customize the attacking patterns for him and probably even get him to pitch in 8 km in the important games.

jairzinho

It's difficult for me to understand Messi's timing. After the team lost in Rome and Anfield it was all good. The squad actually accepted the blame for Anfield. There were no comments or tweets against Barto or the Board. There was a shit storm from the press about the way the team capitulated but the dressing room seemed pretty chill.

A couple weeks after that we lost the copa final and still nothing negative towards the board from the amigos or the team. Barto kept Valverde and all was good. The wheels were clearly falling off at that point but the mood with the players was still chill. Messi could have spoken back then about the direction of the sporting project but he said nothing. He could have used his leverage to let the socios know things were not good but didn't. Everything seemed cool. The mood with the board was pretty cool aswell, Barto had the support.

The first real drama i recall was when Barto was accused of using i3 ventures in a campaign against certain key players. I can't remember Messi or Pique saying much about that tbh. The whole story around that was blurry. After that there was the huge rift with Abidal after he called out the players for not working hard enough. That caused a HUGE backlash especially with the seniors. Around that time Valverde got dismissed aswell and that didn't sit well with them. That's when the board started to rock the boat.

The rift with Abidal for me was a sign that something was brewing between the board and the senior group. Its one of the rare times where Messi comes out publicly asking Abidal to name names. Barto didn't even fire him at that point, so the board more or less endorsed the position. I don't think what's happening now is primarily because of the sporting project but rather the board taking on the status quo in the dressing room. That's how i see it. After the 8-2 there was no place to hide anymore and as soon as Koeman started wielding that axe, you could tell there would be problems. The way the club went about letting players know their time is up shouldn't be underestimated either. Particularly with Suarez.

Last edited:

Richard.H

I'm sorry but I just can't imagine Messi giving interviews in english if he moves to City :lol: or him yelling at Sterling or KDB if he gets pissed "pass me the ball you fuker" :lol:

Home of Barca Fans