Lionel Messi - v7

Nazario1985

So the boss of the amigos is leaving. Saddly he is leaving for free. Man this board sucks. Madrid got atleast good money for ronaldo. What kind of bullshit contract is this anyway. Leaving whenever you want for free. Now this is gonna be a dirty divorce instead of a farewell ceremonie of one if not the biggest legend here ever.

What's with the if lol ? can you remember a better player for us ? even if you combine the next best 5 players for FCB you can't reach the dude lol

Marshall D Teach

Pep's going to need to have full control over him and he's going to have to accept it for his move to really work out. At least if he wants to win another CL.

fergus90

The funny thing about all this is, Man City are no closer to winning the CL than Barca. The are starting to have a few problems of their own.

Sorin

Not sure it's going to be that easy winning for City. Liverpool are still better imo, they will add Thiago and probably some others, wouldn't be surprised them running away with the league once again. The CL is a crapshoot every year and with that backline City gonna still leak goals. Maybe Messi provides the spark in attack and compensates for the leaky defence but I wouldn't be too sure.

Not to mention Manchester as a city. Messi is used to sunny weather all year round, let's see how he copes having 300 days a year watching nothing but dark skies, rain and wind blowing 24/7. Gonna be tougher than he expects imo.

Andresito

Staff member
Not sure it's going to be that easy winning for City. Liverpool are still better imo, they will add Thiago and probably some others, wouldn't be surprised them running away with the league once again. The CL is a crapshoot every year and with that backline City gonna still leak goals. Maybe Messi provides the spark in attack and compensates for the leaky defence but I wouldn't be too sure.

Not to mention Manchester as a city. Messi is used to sunny weather all year round, let's see how he copes having 300 days a year watching nothing but dark skies, rain and wind blowing 24/7. Gonna be tougher than he expects imo.

I'm sure his pal Aguero already told him about what to expect.

raskolnikov

The funny thing about all this is, Man City are no closer to winning the CL than Barca. The are starting to have a few problems of their own.

Easier to fix though. If Messi joins all they need is a solid midfielder like Anouar and an lb and they are contenders.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So the boss of the amigos is leaving. Saddly he is leaving for free. Man this board sucks. Madrid got atleast good money for ronaldo. What kind of bullshit contract is this anyway. Leaving whenever you want for free. Now this is gonna be a dirty divorce instead of a farewell ceremonie of one if not the biggest legend here ever.

The clause says the window for him to leave for free ends on June 1st, I believe. For us to give him that clause in the first place showed that we went above and beyond to court him, which he deserved, giving everything he has done for us.

Right now if we were to stick to the letter (June 1st) that means we will probably enter a legal battle and that will be nasty and will hurt us further. The best case scenario would be the club and Messi sitting down and negotiating with City or whoever he wants to join and finding a solution that all parties agree to.

raskolnikov

Worst case for him he bombs, they win nothing, his family hates Manchester and he rejoins barca after a year with the new project.
Will be like Jordan when he played baseball.

If I was a football player I would definitly join a London club over manchester/Liverpool.
Then again, live os easier when you are loaded and can fix problems instantly.

FCMessi

He too supported the signing of Coutinho and Griezmann.

He too lacked the foresight he accused others of lacking.

Hopefully Barca can win the legal battle.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Agreed. I don't think Messi is leaving for City because he wants to win another CL in the last couple of years of his career, he is leaving because of he is sick and tired of us (Bartomeu's reign in particular) and he needs change, Pep and Aguero are icing on the cake to make that happen.

Good luck winning the CL, really, I don't think City has what it takes.

Wambo

ysAdIH5.jpg

Damn, people are not handling it well

Home of Barca Fans