Lionel Messi - v7

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
ysAdIH5.jpg

Damn, people are not handling it well

Natural selection.

Sorin

Worst case for him he bombs, they win nothing, his family hates Manchester and he rejoins barca after a year with the new project.
Will be like Jordan when he played baseball.

If I was a football player I would definitly join a London club over manchester/Liverpool.
Then again, live os easier when you are loaded and can fix problems instantly.

Too proud to return to Barca and at this point it's not that beneficial to us if he returns 1 year later. Wait for him to retire and give him some ambasador role or something.

Nazario1985

The clause says the window for him to leave for free ends on June 1st, I believe. For us to give him that clause in the first place showed that we went above and beyond to court him, which he deserved, giving everything he has done for us.

Right now if we were to stick to the letter (June 1st) that means we will probably enter a legal battle and that will be nasty and will hurt us further. The best case scenario would be the club and Messi sitting down and negotiating with City or whoever he wants to join and finding a solution that all parties agree to.

Every contract expiration was extended to the end of the year by the government even for more serious stuff

raskolnikov

Too proud to return to Barca and at this point it's not that beneficial to us if he returns 1 year later. Wait for him to retire and give him some ambasador role or something.

Be sure of reports are coming out of him hating Manchester, us struggling to get top 4, during the elections future possible candidates add him rejoining to their campaign.

MagIX

Agreed. I don't think Messi is leaving for City because he wants to win another CL in the last couple of years of his career, he is leaving because of he is sick and tired of us (Bartomeu's reign in particular) and he needs change, Pep and Aguero are icing on the cake to make that happen.

Good luck winning the CL, really, I don't think City has what it takes.

He needs a change with 33 y.o. ? why not ritire ?
i agree he's sick and tired of bartomeu, but i think he want still play because his target is WC 2022

Birdy

Messi is not leaving Barcelona after staying here for nearly 20 years just because they decided to get rid of Suarez. He had already made his decision to leave before Barto opened his mouth to a select few journalists that are in his camp. Heck it was reported by people close to his family that warned that he might be leaving this summer, this was reported in January 2020.

People might believe that and they are free to do that, but there's been talk about him possibly leaving for two years now. He negotiated hard and long for this clause to be included for a reason. Perhaps to keep the pressure on Bartomeu and the board to build a winning project which they have failed to do. Not to forget hiring a company to slander him and the players on social media, Mundo Deportivo and Sport constantly blaming the players and Messi for doing XYZ and wantng XYZ player while never questioning Bartomeu's management.

Even after the Bayern loss you have these two media outlets claiming it's a sporting crisis and not an institutional one, once again blaming the players and Messi in particular and not even lifting a finger to question Bartomeu and this board for how we even got to this point and mess in the first place.
Here are some reasons that Messi is justified:
1) Board is mishandling both finances and sporting project of the club
2) And that results in a team not able to compete at the highest level that Messi wants to and win UCL
3) Given that they control all media outlets, Messi is portrayed in a specific way that might not correspond to reallity. And that angers him.

Ok

Now, let's look at some other facts and assumptions:

1) We know for fact that Messi insisted in the club signing neymar after the anfield humiliation, which didn't happen.
We know also for fact that Messi was against sacking valverde, which again didn't happen.
So, we do know that Messi at least recently (although some reports say this is happening since pep left) has an opinion about what the club should do in order to succeed and wants his opinion to he heard.
2) We know from the reports that all players were lazy under valverde training only 15 min per session, and they liked Ernie because of the freedom he was giving them in deciding how the team should play, and who should play. Messi included in those players
3) we also know that in modern football these ideas are done and dusted, and you cannot compete at the highest level playing like that, even with neymar included.
4) we also know that the conversation leaked with Messi, koeman said that his (and other players) privileges are over because the good of the team is above. Something that didn't sit down well with Messi.

Taking into account 1-4 we can see how and to what extent Messi is:
Responsible for the current situation of the club, and not just a victim. He feels entitled because he is the 🐐 to assume authority and position he should never have had. No player is entitled to a 'heavy opinion' about how a team should play and which players should feature, which players should be transferred in and out, no matter what.
He is also part of the problem on the pitch for years with his 'free' positioning and unwillingness to pressure which results in the loose structure of the team.

Sorry, as much as I hate Barto, I am 100% with koeman on that. Privileges are over.

Good luck to Manchester city, where he won't feel above the club and pep will force him to work for the whole

Last edited:

Nazario1985

He too supported the signing of Coutinho and Griezmann.

He too lacked the foresight he accused others of lacking.

Hopefully Barca can win the legal battle.

And why the fuck would he go against what the club decide ?

in one hand people accuse him of meddling in the clubs affairs

in the other hand people accusing him for NOT meddling in the clubs affair

At the end of the day Messi does what he is supposed to do : play football carry this team like he did for a decade and basta.

But keep dreaming about blaming Messi for every fuck up in this club.

Goddamit people are crazy, he needs to get fuck out while he can from this mess

Sorin

Every contract expiration was extended to the end of the year by the government even for more serious stuff

Wouldn't doubt it. We are doing with it Neymar, Messi coming back every summer until he hangs them is as certain as death and taxes.

Sterlingfan2000

Bartomeu wants to meet with Messi, but an appointment cannot be made for today. Messi is not in Castelldefels. He is spending a few days away with the family . The Main topics will be Suarez, Koeman and future signings[@Marsallorente]

Home of Barca Fans