Lionel Messi - v7

khaled_a_d

I still don't think they have what it takes to win in Europe.

City experience is still fairly young.
If they can add couple of EPL titles and add such marketable name like Messi, it is still win for them, and even for Messi.

You seem to be the one who knows about Laporta the most here. Based on what you know, what is his plan going to look like, most likely?

I don't know much.
But for me, when I think of Laporta I think of guy who put his faith in people and let him work. This is how he worked in his first time.
I would like to know who is his sidekick? Last election if he won it would have been Abidal, which is bad.
Can he get someone like Rijkaard or LVG as high profile advisors? I think that will help us tremednously.
This is what make or break for me with Laporta.
And I don't have problem with people against him, but the whole "plan" thing is a bit off. It is usually empty promises anyway and elections is long way to go for him to present a plan.
People want him to be going on same timeline as Font? who is unknown and need to make name for himself, so have to work extra year to compete.

Nazario1985

Messi has shown this kind of pettiness before. Remember when he threw a fit over Lucho benching him for one game?

Now he leaves after Koeman tells him he'll lose some privileges at 33 after running 6km vs Bayern and getting humiliated.

It's clear he doesn't like not being in charge. That's why he and the amigos liked Valverde so much.

Dude we got it, you don't like Messi.

YOU HAVE ZERO PROVE OF WHAT KOEMAN said to Messi & what's Messi answer but you love to jump on garbage like that.

People asking Messi to talk against the board wtf ? since when players do that ? that would be the most garbage thing a pro player would do.

KingLeo10

Basketball isn't that big for MJ to be above them tbh. isn't it way behind cricket and football?

MJ still sells 10x the amount of shoes LBJ does 20 years in retirement. And I think he's more globally recognized than Lebron is, even today.

Not to mention is the standard for greatness in sports (admittedly, I'm biased).

Devils

Basketball isn't that big for MJ to be above them tbh. isn't it way behind cricket and football?

Jordan is a cultural icon dawg.

His brand extends far beyond basketball into sports, fashion, music, film etc...

He has more reach than any athlete out there.

khaled_a_d

MJ still sells 10x the amount of shoes LBJ does 20 years in retirement. And I think he's more globally recognized than Lebron is, even today.

Not to mention is the standard for greatness in sports (admittedly, I'm biased).

Well, obviously since Lebron is still a basketballer too. I was talking in terms of over Messi & CR7.
I think Schumacher would have been among those too if it wasn't for his unfortunate accident.

behindbrowneyes

Now we know why Jorge Messi bought a house in Milan. He'll earn millions with Leo's move and won't have to pay taxes for it by simply paying €100.000 to the Italian taxman.

KingLeo10

Well, obviously since Lebron is still a basketballer too. I was talking in terms of over Messi & CR7.
I think Schumacher would have been among those too if it wasn't for his unfortunate accident.

I agree about Schumi.

I think Lewis Hamilton has a shout in there too, when he ends up winning 8. He's got a formidable engine, but his flair and aggression are legendary.

There is nothing cooler than being called a "F1 Pilot", by the way. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans