Lionel Messi - v7

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He's not leaving lol. Sad to see people believing the usual propaganda.

If Perez gave CR7 the contract he wanted then he would not have left either.

ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

Porque

Relax guys. Messigi[cian] is bi-polar. Tomorrow he will be leaving again. Friday he will be staying. Saturday he will be leaving and staying. Sunday he will be retired. Monday he will be...

Nazario1985

If we don't give him the contract he wants sure.

But this is Lord Barto we are talking about not Papa Perez

He will bend the knee for Messi

Messi never wanted to go out from FCB not even in 2015 with all Mancity shady moves.

If he wants to be out, Barto have to kidnap Messi for him to stay

Givenchy

Most of all, this a sad moment, for FC Barcelona, for Messi and for Football.
Messi and FC Barcelona was like a perfect match, its sad that Bartomue and his board destroyed that in a couple of years.

There are 2 reasons he's leaving:
- the team is not competitive anymore, maybe a La Lige title if Real Madrid looses focus is the best to hope for and there's isn't much money to properly strengthen the team

- the bad and deteriorating relationship with Bartomeu and his board (the politics, the backstabbing, the incompetence)

Dealing with an incompetent board might be doable when there's a chance you can keep winning but if there isn't...

or maybe if he had a good relationship with the president he would accept a year of rebuilding

Koeman disrespecting him (if the reports are true) and his mates for shure probably didn't help.

Messi has just had enough. I did believe part of the amigo theory but at this stage, Suarez putting those emoji's to the Puyol tweet, Vidal and Eto'o supporting him.. just looks like his buddies (who apparently knew of him wanting to leave after the Bayern match) showing their support for his decision; not just a stab at the board as first thought.

If Barca can use this to get rid of Barto, cut the wage bill and get 100mil for a declining Messi its probably the perfect outcome depending on how we use the money.

people saying we'll finish in Europa league are insane. la liga is a farmer level league these days, Madrid and Atleti are equally as bad as us. we can challenge for la liga and probably have a respectable CL exit if we get rid of the remaining seniors

I hate how this has played out and Messi really should of called a press conference to clarify his position, preferably when he made the decision (after the 8-2). doing this now gives us barely any time to plan for next season and if he does use that contract and leaves on a free, that isn't the actions of a Barca captain who loves the club

Messigician

There's a 0% chance Messi will leave.

I have said everything I wanted to about this topic and will only come back to this thread after I am proven right.

raskolnikov

There's a 0% chance Messi will leave.

I have said everything I wanted to about this topic and will only come back to this thread after I am proven right.
On betting sites the odd for him staying is 1.91, you can make some easy money then if you really believe this.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Relax guys. Messigi[cian] is bi-polar. Tomorrow he will be leaving again. Friday he will be staying. Saturday he will be leaving and staying. Sunday he will be retired. Monday he will be...

Or an alternate theory :
Multiple people logging into a troll account at different times.

ItachiXXX

Koeman must have known Messi was going from the start...No other way was he going to ask Coutinho to stay.

Most likely, but Barto and his propaganda media want a different narrative to make Messi look bad

Yeah he totally wants a winning sporting project after going out of his way to defend Valverde after Anfield :lol:

That's totally why he's leaving right after Koeman tells Suarez to go and lets Messi know who's in charge :lol:

Why didn't he leave before now? Everyone has known the board were trash for a long time.

This dude hate Valverde so much that he want Barto more than Messi 😆
And to inform you, the news about Messi leaving is already a hot topic almost 2 weeks ago before this Suarez thing you talking about

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I hate how this has played out and Messi really should of called a press conference to clarify his position, preferably when he made the decision (after the 8-2). doing this now gives us barely any time to plan for next season and if he does use that contract and leaves on a free, that isn't the actions of a Barca captain who loves the club

Messi struck me as someone who acts on impulses, he probably didn't think about or care about what consequences his actions were going to have. Just like when he outright called out Abidal to expose the frictions between the management and the players, now he is leaving because he is sick and tired and he doesn't care about anything else.

Can't say I blame him, it is what it is. I just want this chapter to close ASAP so we can get back to business and prepare for the next season, as terrible as it might turn out to be.

BADGERBHOY

There's so much pressure on Barto already this is the best time to pull a stunt like that.

What do you think the meeting with Messi and Barto will be for lol.

You really think we won't bend over backwards at this point?

Just look at the clause in Messi's contract to let him leave for free, you know why right? In case they don't agree to a new contract he leaves for free and demands an insane signing on fee.

Not to mention he has 100% image rights, not even Real Madrid would have ever agreed to give CR7 above 50/50 split.

Face it dawgs Messi senior loves money and this is the best time possible to use Messi to extort us for it.

It's already over. The rebuild has to start now and we can't have him here undermining the coach.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Messigician is becoming more obnoxious as we speak. Get him his sedatives people, the guy will have a heart attack once Messi leaves.

Why is Messi still here by the way? SELL!

Home of Barca Fans