Lionel Messi - v7

Newcomer

His silence is stunning.

Right out of the Neymar playbook.

Whew!

Exactly.

He already had everything agreed with City, like Neymar with PSG.

The next days are just the time needed to sort out the details of his exit : clause valid or invalid, acceptable offer from Manchester City.

Messi era in Bar?a is over.

xXKonan

Messi explains why he's leaving Barcelona and considered a U-Turn.

"I wanted to leave because of how poor the sporting project is and I have no confidence in Bartomeu to fix it and my Amigos were being thrown out. I did however have a change of heart but after visiting this fan forum called Barcaforum, I saw posts by Messimagician claming that I will stay in the end and this is all Bologna."

"Then I went you know what? I'm leaving after all. I have to leave now in order to prove that poster wrong so I don't come off as I was full of shit and this guy gets further trolled by the posters on the forum."

KingLeo10

Exactly.

He already had everything agreed with City, like Neymar with PSG.

The next days are just the time needed to sort out the details of his exit : clause valid or invalid, acceptable offer from Manchester City.

Messi era in Bar?a is over.

We're glad to move on from him and the amigos.

Newcomer

Hey guys was out the whole due to some really urgent stuff, would really appreciate if someone summarizes the big updates.

You missed nothing.

Just media repeating themselves.

Messi has already agreed City terms but Bar?a is saying they are not selling.

KingLeo10

Messi explains why he's leaving Barcelona and considered a U-Turn.

"I wanted to leave because of how poor the sporting project is and I have no confidence in Bartomeu to fix it and my Amigos were being thrown out. I did however have a change of heart but after visiting this fan forum called Barcaforum, I saw posts by Messimagician claming that I will stay in the end and this is all Bologna."

"Then I went you know what? I'm leaving after all. I have to leave now in order to prove that poster wrong so I don't come off as I was full of shit and this guy gets further trolled by the posters on the forum."

Messigician is the 11th plague of Egypt.

serghei

If he stays, we'll still suck, play even worse and won't win anything.

And majority of fans will want to turn the page in 2021'.

When people talk about Messi, they act as if we are still in 2010 or 2015.

Messi sucked in 2020 before and after Covid.
He ran even less and his passes and shooting skills were weaker than ever.

He will decline fast.

He was our Goat, but he has to go sooner or later.
Look at Cr7 and how he has declined lately.
Yet Cr7 is in a way better physical shape than Messi.

Whatever is happening to Cr7, you should multiply it with 2-3-4x to predict how Messi will play in 2021 and 2022.

A move would do him good as well. Maybe he can get some extra motivation from a team change, especially under someone who has the offensive phase very well put together like Pep. It's not all physical with him, there's also a big loss in hunger and motivation. His cycle is over also at mental level, rather than physical, and should move.

KingLeo10

A move would do him good as well. Maybe he can get some extra motivation from a team change, especially under someone who has the offensive phase very well put together like Pep. It's not all physical with him, there's also a big loss in hunger and motivation. His cycle is over also at mental level, rather than physical, and should move.

If Guardiola and Messi get bounced by some farmers like Monaco or Lyon in CL, we should introduce the Barca curse as a follow-up to Guttmann's curse.

KingLeo10

Why not ?

They have a strong team, they are adding the best player and are trying to buy Koulibaly.

Definitely strong contenders.

I don't see them beating a Bayern or Liverpool. Midfield needs improvement for that, even with Koulibaly.

Messi's reputation is bigger than his difference making ability at the absolute top level these days.

Even last season against Pool, he had quite a few aspects of his prime. But as you saw in 19/20, unless he reinvigorates himself, he's just another world class player these days.

Newcomer

I don't see them beating a Bayern or Liverpool. Midfield needs improvement for that, even with Koulibaly.

Liverpool lost to Atletico. City is used to win against Liverpool too. It is a close match up.

You can win the CL without having to face Bayern or Liverpool.

KingLeo10

Liverpool lost to Atletico. City is used to win against Liverpool too. It is a close match up.

You can win the CL without having to face Bayern or Liverpool.

Sounds like you're waiting for Messi to win something outside of Barca as another part of PSG's revenge on Barca, dawg.

Did Jair hijack your account?

:valverde:

xXKonan

Why not ?

They have a strong team, they are adding the best player and are trying to buy Koulibaly.

Definitely strong contenders.
There's a chance but at the same time, Messi is 33 going on 34 years old, and what we have seen his mobility and work rate has gotten worse. Even if he ran more for Pep, He doesn't have the legs like he did to make it last as long as he could. The team would have to make some sacrifices to help him out.

City and Pep haven't exactly been mentally on it in the CL later stages. To many stupid mistakes, too much tinkering by Pep and no doubt those will still be there even if/When Messi goes there.

Home of Barca Fans