Lionel Messi - v7

El Gato

Villarato!
BBZ esque bullshit that cr7 is better than Messi recently is laughable. Cr7 is by far the most luckiest player in the history of football to have his name cemented in the name of all time greats when more than half of his career has relied solely on converting close range chances. The fact that his Euro is considered an example of NT success is laugable. No one in there right mind can give that Euro credit to CR7, he was insanely lucky to come across super shit teams until the finals where he didn't even play. Even in those 3 CLs back to back he just converted close range chances.

He is one of the most one dimensional players ever and the only reason he has had more trophies lately is down to the team. I've said this before and I'll say this again, someone who can't create or dribble past one player can't be considered better than Messi. Period.

Because breaking into Barcelona with Pique, Busquets and having Xaviesta already there wasn't lucky :lol:

You're losing credibility a lot my dude.

Messi983

There is no communication between Messi and Bartomeu. The Argentine continues to ignore his texts and calls. He feels he's been cheated enough. Bartomeu can only speak to Jorge Messi. [ser]

stunning

There is a simple solution if Messi ignores his calls.

fax-fun-facts-featured.jpg

Neymessi

Because breaking into Barcelona with Pique, Busquets and having Xaviesta already there wasn't lucky :lol:

You're losing credibility a lot my dude.

Damn what a burn you really owned me.

Go check out what Messi used to do back then with that team apart from goalscoring maybe?

Mistyoptic

BBZ esque bullshit that cr7 is better than Messi recently is laughable. Cr7 is by far the most luckiest player in the history of football to have his name cemented in the name of all time greats when more than half of his career has relied solely on converting close range chances. The fact that his Euro is considered an example of NT success is laugable. No one in there right mind can give that Euro credit to CR7, he was insanely lucky to come across super shit teams until the finals where he didn't even play. Even in those 3 CLs back to back he just converted close range chances.

He is one of the most one dimensional players ever and the only reason he has had more trophies lately is down to the team. I've said this before and I'll say this again, someone who can't create or dribble past one player can't be considered better than Messi. Period.

I mean I'm all for Messi being higher in the pantheon than Ronaldo but this is just biased nonsense. Ronaldo is probably the clutchest player ever - see numerous moments where he has stepped up to the plate when it mattered most. If you had to pick one person to score the last penalty, or have the 'last chance' in a game then I'd pick him over Messi every time. He has almost mythical levels of self-belief. He's certainly the best goalscorer ever.

You are right about the Euros though, Ronaldo was horrendous in that tournament. They came third in a very poor group, and he spent most of the tournament (bar the game vs Wales) spooning every shot wide or over the bar. It's near enough the worst I've ever seen him play on a big stage, but victory makes people completely forget about this stuff.

Neymessi

I mean I'm all for Messi being higher in the pantheon than Ronaldo but this is just biased nonsense. Ronaldo is probably the clutchest player ever - see numerous moments where he has stepped up to the plate when it mattered most. If you had to pick one person to score the last penalty, or have the 'last chance' in a game then I'd pick him over Messi every time. He has almost mythical levels of self-belief. He's certainly the best goalscorer ever.

You are right about the Euros though, Ronaldo was horrendous in that tournament. They came third in a very poor group, and he spent most of the tournament (bar the game vs Wales) spooning every shot wide or over the bar. It's near enough the worst I've ever seen him play on a big stage, but victory makes people completely forget about this stuff.

The point was, you can be a really good goalscorer, clutch etc, but do nothing apart from that and just poach for close range chances, you can't be considered better than Messi, or better than all time greats like old Ronaldo, R10, Pele and Maradonna who were not just goalscorers but excelled at everything.

How many times have you seen him go past a player in the last 5 years? Create an amazing chance with a perfectly weighted through ball?

Morten

Euro was mostly a fluke, and Messi is a better player, but there is no need to boil everything down to "luck".
Ronaldo is better in CL-knockouts, its that simple.

JohnN

Messi pretty clutch too though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sat3RkDvJt0

Ronaldo was a much better player in his younger years compared to himself later on, but won more CLs towards the end. That should say something.

Tackle

Messi and Pep Guardiola spoke several times. The coach advised him to stay at FC Barcelona. Manchester City was clear that they only consider signing Messi for free, when the season ends. If he managed to leave now, City could not handle his wages and transfer fee. [Veronica Brunati]

Se Queda. :messi:

FinBarcelonafan

Messi and Pep Guardiola spoke several times. The coach advised him to stay at FC Barcelona. Manchester City was clear that they only consider signing Messi for free, when the season ends. If he managed to leave now, City could not handle his wages and transfer fee. [Veronica Brunati]

Se Queda. :messi:

I hope not. We need the rebuild money more than Messi for one season.

Home of Barca Fans