Lionel Messi - v7

Devils

Would much rather him leave than give him a pay raise.

Such humiliation over the last few years should not be rewarded.

raskolnikov

Would much rather him leave than give him a pay raise.

Such humiliation over the last few years should not be rewarded.
Yeah at this point leaving for a fee is better than pay raise and two more years.
Him resigning with a pay raise undermies Koemam's authority and sets us back big time financially and tactically.

Richard.H

Imagine getting a payrise out of this shizzle.

He won't because he knows that's what Barto wants. He will definitely take it to court or negotiate some fee with City and leave. Although the sheikhs are ruthless and I'm not sure if they would budge.

xxxxxx

He's not going to get anymore money from us..... he's already on 1m a week. We can't afford to pay anymore in any case.

Gari

Frenkie de Jong: “I hope Messi is still there when I return, but it’s not up to me. Is he still in the group-chat? Yes. But, I am not someone who is going to talk to him. I’m sure people already approach him a lot these days. [foxsports]

.blitzer

This one today is probably right. City are preparing a 100+ million bid for Koulibaly. They can't fund Messi unless he comes for free, which Barto obviously won't allow. Messi is staying boys, mark my words. This was all just a game. And Barto will resign at the end of it. He promised - if Messi comes back, which he will, Barto is resigning.

Barto is resigning and the club will still be in a shit situation. He only cares about himself, but he doesn't understand his legacy is beyond fucked. I hope this cunt and his board of puppets get to pay money to the club from their own pocket and they all go bankrupt.
Messi leaves for free next summer, the rebuilding is delayed yet another year.

malvolio

And if he just want to win trophies in the last years of his career?
Why should he care if he gets 1m or 2m per week?

the rumored financial package that city offers is impossible to match by any other club, bar psg maybe.

so it's hard to believe he's doing this for a pay raise. doesn't mean he can't make a u turn and stay, if bartomeu leaves

TrueCule

Look, I just know this is a game to force Barto to resign. If this goes to court, Barca will win and Messi will be forced to come back to training and all that. After that Barto will resign. I feel sorry for all the fans out there that actually believe that Messi will leave in this transfer window. He will retire at Barca. Every Barca fan knows this on the bottom of his heart. Every other option is just not viable and as we saw early this week, basically impossible, because no one will pay the 700 million release clause for him. Even City can't fund him. And Pep also recommended him to retire at Barca. Every indicator is poiting out on him staying.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans