Lionel Messi - v7

Messi983

Frenkie de Jong: ?I hope Messi is still there when I return, but it?s not up to me. Is he still in the group-chat? Yes. But, I am not someone who is going to talk to him. I?m sure people already approach him a lot these days. [foxsports]

Watch out Frenkie, if Messi in the end stays he might sell you. :lol:

serghei

I don't care that much if he stays or goes, but if Koeman doesn't hold strong and gives him his famous "free role" we're fucked. Bye bye reconstruction.

serghei

Also, it doesn't matter if he speaks or not anymore. It's crystal clear he's a bad leader and not a role model. Proved it plenty of times. Which is fine, nobody but his most fanatic fans make a big problem out of that. As if if you hit the ball perfectly and you can dribble many players at once, somehow you also inherit a certain type of personality. One has nothing to do with the other. You can be an incredible talent and have a quite bland personality. Only fans think if someone is gifted in a specific area he becomes gifted in every area.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I doubt Messi will ever speak up really.

Only time he will speak is when/if he leaves with some Emotional message when he leaves for City. People will be sad but I'll be both sad and pissed off about how he just mostly stayed quiet after the 8-2 and let his lawyers do all the talking.

Horatio

You're welcome
Is this transfer happening or not, dawgs? I just want some resolution and signings. Please.

Wouldn?t be surprised if media outlets have back-door deals with clubs and to postpone announcements as much as possible so media can milk this as long as possible. Might last another 1.5 weeks.

Givenchy

I know its been said before but i cant understand why Messi decided now, at 33 in physical decline, he wants to leave the club where his legacy is unmatched and hes basically a club deity at this point. also in such a way it makes him look bad. We all know Barto is a clown and how disgusting the last few years have been but I'm shocked how hes beheaved during all this, we are months away from getting rid of the board.

If this had been 2016 when it was rumoured he first wanted to leave.. I would understand as at 29-30 he still has 3-4 years left but right now? seems like a huge risk if he joins the PL. no doubt he will destroy defences but his stamina will be a huge issue and City will be expected to win the CL

serghei

I know its been said before but i cant understand why Messi decided now, at 33 in physical decline, he wants to leave the club where his legacy is unmatched and hes basically a club deity at this point. also in such a way it makes him look bad. We all know Barto is a clown and how disgusting the last few years have been but I'm shocked how hes beheaved during all this, we are months away from getting rid of the board.

If this had been 2016 when it was rumoured he first wanted to leave.. I would understand as at 29-30 he still has 3-4 years left but right now? seems like a huge risk if he joins the PL. no doubt he will destroy defences but his stamina will be a huge issue and City will be expected to win the CL

Combination of factors that have been already mentioned.

- board failing him by not bringing his buddy Neymar, plus having no money to improve the team
- his friends being sold, and him having no connection with the younger generation
- to pick up more titles at the end of his career
- he is probably fed up by all the humiliations that are bringing down his Barca career overall
- Koeman, a rather strict and disciplinarian manager, being appointed which doesn't go in his favor at all

All of the above have at least some degree of truth behind them.

Last edited:

henias

Getting rid of the board is one thing, but recovering from the damage is gonna take years.

I have addressed this earlier, Pep is one who rotates alot and hopefully he rests him for crucial matches and understand he is 33. Not like managers like Setien or EV who plays him every game for a full 90.

Rather than waste his remaining years in this arduous process, why not let him have a shot with another already built team.

F1_STK

He first wanted to leave six days before Tito's death...

Home of Barca Fans