Lionel Messi - v7

behindbrowneyes

the rumored financial package that city offers is impossible to match by any other club, bar psg maybe.

so it's hard to believe he's doing this for a pay raise. doesn't mean he can't make a u turn and stay, if bartomeu leaves

I doubt he is doing it for money or the perspective to win the CL.
He leaves his club after 20 years. He's leaving the city he loves. He pulls his family and kids out of their environment. He leaves friends. He takes a big sporting risk, he damages his image with Bar?a fans and football fans in general ... And yet he wants to leave. You can only imagine how chaotic it must be at Bar?a at the moment.

Tackle

HBnjf11.jpg

✈️Jorge Messi leaving from Rosario for Barcelona.✈️

Nello

2015 at home

You have to admit that it is slightly weird:
1. iirc no KO goals for Argentina ever
2. 1 away KO goal in the last 5-6 seasons iirc for Barca
3. almost zero goals in dying minutes in Europe KO matches, for a win or for a draw, in his whole career

His style of play (dropping deep and being somewhat onedimensional in the last few years), Messipendencia where everyone knows whom we will pass the ball and his Jekyll&Hyde (home and away form) personality have lead to this.

Goat in La Liga
Goat at Camp Nou
Goat from 2008-2013
MIA in majority of KO away matches after 2012, especially after 2015

Tbf it's not only Messi who has hugely underperformed in CL away games. The whole team has, often with Messi being our only dangerous player, and the rest of the team struggling to get the ball to the final third. Liverpool last year is a good example of this. Messi produced more than 3 really dangerous passes/actions in the game, and had some of our other offensive players not been absolute horseshit in that game, we might've gotten a goal of two.

I do agree however that it's unbelievable disappointing that Messi and Barca only won 1 CL in 9 years. Should've done better no doubt. What happened around 2011 that could've influenced this decline? :rosell::bartomeu:

Givenchy

If Barto refuses and City can't afford the fee.. i wonder if PSG will try a last minute swoop. playing again with Neymar would be appealing to Leo but it would show just how desperate he is to leave

Messigician

Wow

❗️ Bar?a insist that Messi is not for sale and won't negotiate with any club. His release clause is 700 million euros. [@Marsallorente]

Porque

Wow

❗️ Bar?a insist that Messi is not for sale and won't negotiate with any club. His release clause is 700 million euros. [@Marsallorente]

We are towing this line because City are refusing to budge above a free transfer (lol). Imagine we say we will accept offers, we would be weaker in negotiations.

CatalinR10

refreshing the city jersey site every 5 seconds so I can catch my new Messi 10 jersey before they sellout in 2 minutes dawgs

clemente

It's always hilarious how bots fall for these tweets, how would someone know what Messi has told to Pep? Are their phones hacked? :lol:
Even better are the rumours like "Messi is considering a move to X", like they listen to his thoughts now, and people eat that shit up :lol:

Home of Barca Fans