Lionel Messi - v7

Newcomer

Maybe he will stay but only because Barca is holding him hostage which would be a terrible image for the club. I'm not even sure other players would come here when they see how the players are treated in this club.

Lewandowski even changed his agent to get a move to Real Madrid not too long ago.

Bayern said he is going nowhere.

Guess what ? They won the CL with Lewandowski being the best player of the season.

Bayern is seen as the place to be right now.

Of course, with Messi having less than 1 year of contract remaining, you should play hardball and try and get 100 M from Manchester City.

If they don't intend to pay anything, you should keep the player.

xxxxxx

Guys, Bartomeu is haggling over a guy who only has 9 months left on his contract. Say it out slowly and you'll see how pathetic that is. lol

I'm sorry, but this is truly pathetic from the Barcelona board. I don't care if they technically have a case or not. It's making us look desperate and pathetic. It's Messi, a guy who has basically got half our trophies. A guy who has brought so much money into this club. A guy who loves Barcelona and the fans. He's a legend, and he's the best Barcelona player of all time. We should be better than this. No other board would have done this. Bartomeu just proving again he doesn't care about this club.

Belgian

If they don't intend to pay anything, you should keep the player.

in this case it's pathetic
they made a promise last year,

negotiate something, take 100M from city + 50M Wage you don't need to pay anymore

no i'm not someone's wife. I don't think PL is a good idea.

JamDav1982

Guys, Bartomeu is haggling over a guy who only has 9 months left on his contract. Say it out slowly and you'll see how pathetic that is. lol

I'm sorry, but this is truly pathetic from the Barcelona board. I don't care if they technically have a case or not. It's making us look desperate and pathetic. It's Messi, a guy who has basically got half our trophies. A guy who has brought so much money into this club. A guy who loves Barcelona and the fans. He's a legend, and he's the best Barcelona player of all time. We should be better than this. No other board would have done this. Bartomeu just proving again he doesn't care about this club.

Barca should maximise the sale as best action for club.

Messi or not.

BBZ8800

Messi made Barca successful.
But Barca also made Messi successful.
You'll see how his Argentina and City adventures will end.
His only trophie ever will be the ones at Barca.

Also, one could say that Messi decided to leave out of nowhere, not giving the club enough time to plan the 2020/2021 season and he wants to leave for free when the club lost 300m due to Covid, so leaving the club for free in the darkest moments, sporting and financial wise.

It works both ways.

If he wants to City, Oil guys surely have 50-100m to spend.
They are cheating with transfers and fair play either way.

cambridge

this reminds me very closely of the decline of my team. remember when milan was beating everybody every year? now, when was last time you saw us play a champions league match? The combination of the end of a very succesfull era, the hubris that comes with it and a very terrible management can lead to a very steep and quick decline. I just wish you better luck than we had guys.

xxxxxx

Also, one could say that Messi decided to leave out of nowhere, not giving the club enough time to plan the 2020/2021 season and he wants to leave for free when the club lost 300m due to Covid.

It works both ways.

If he wants to City, Oil guys surely have 50-100m to spend.
They are cheating with transfers and fair play either way.

Of course. It's why we should start negotiating a fee for him. Messi wants to negotiate a fee but Bartomeu is being far too stubborn.

BBZ8800

this reminds me terribly of the decline of my team. remember when milan was beating everybody every year? now, when was last time you saw us play a champions league match? The combination of the end of a very succesfull era, the hubris that comes with it and a very terrible management can lead to a very steep and quick decline. I just wish you better luck than we had guys.

Seria A bankrupted, you had higher taxes back then.
Everything collapsed.

Barca has way more money.

Plus, big teams are earning way more than in your days.

We can't fall down in a two-horse league.

xxxxxx

Barca should maximise the sale as best action for club.

Messi or not.

And I want us to do that. But Bartomeu doesn't want to do that. He's being totally unrealistic about the 700m euros.... especially when Messi only has 9 months left on his contract.

JamDav1982

this reminds me very closely of the decline of my team. remember when milan was beating everybody every year? now, when was last time you saw us play a champions league match? The combination of the end of a very succesfull era, the hubris that comes with it and a very terrible management can lead to a very steep and quick decline. I just wish you better luck than we had guys.

La liga as a whole is going to struggle compared to past with or without Messi which is inevitable soon.

The quality is as low as have seen it across the board and the lack of pace/power is dating it a bit.

Barca/Real are not going to have the huge pull as in past and EPL will be very attractive destination with cash across league to back it up.

Next years going to be difficult for la liga teams and can see star played preferring EPL more and more.

BBZ8800

Of course. It's why we should start negotiating a fee for him. Messi wants to negotiate a fee but Bartomeu is being far too stubborn.

Barto has to do that to get more money.

Imagine two scenarios:
1) Barca says right away: ok, we'll sell Messi as our way of saying thanks.
That way City can offer 30m and say: here you go, that's our highest bid

2) if Barca says: he is not for sale, we are not interested (like Liverpool and Dortmund with Coutinho and Dembele), then if City wants him, they need to make a nicer bid, like 100m at least

You have to be an asshole if you want to make more money for your club.
Everyone are always milking us.

Let's milk the oil club now.
Isn't it?

ItachiXXX

It depends how do you define success. Just by winning the UCL alone? Then only one team is successful in whole Europe every season, and the rest are failures. Pep broke all EPL records and you still call him a failure? :lol:

Oh so the argument is it depends who's the manager. The one that love by the forum de amigos and the one that they hate so much. I don't see double standard here, just a typical forum de amigos logic. Funny that Valverde broke Pep's record in Barca. But Valverde was a failure 😆
After CR if Messi leaves La ligua it will be a first since maybe 20 years+ seeing la ligua without a top tier star.

Sponsors not happy.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lionel Messi is not going to change his mind after La Liga's statement - he wants to leave and to start a new chapter. Barcelona have told him again that they won?t let him go for free to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ManCity?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ManCity</a> and that La Liga's position is part of their strategy.<br><br>[via <a href="https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@FabrizioRomano</a>] <a href="https://t.co/UWlOwEW4Ey">https://t.co/UWlOwEW4Ey</a></p>— Man City Report (@cityreport_) <a href="https://twitter.com/cityreport_/status/1300042766504865792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Losing Neymar, Cristiano and Messi in just few years 😆

WTF you dont understand it, of course the team is a huge factor like the coach. After Anfield drama we realized that coach (his tactics) AND team were horrible but Messi acted like the coach has zero fault which was wrong. Are you a kid ? No front but you can be a fan from a player and you are still allowed to ciritize him.
Just following your logic here, is Pep the right man for Citu or not. Bayern proved that he is not

BBZ8800

Let's milk the oil club now.
Isn't it?

Btw, this is what Barto should do right now:
close-up-man-milking-cow-hand-milking-cow-176624779.jpg

That's him and City on the picture.

ini4ever

I like how you state that in confidence BBZ, Don't embarrass yourself please :lol:

p.s: Regarding Messi, he has made up his mind unfortunately and clown board should negotiate with City and let him go asap. btw amigos theory fans its obvious once again this is not about amigos etc.

Home of Barca Fans