Lionel Messi - v7

Nazario1985

Bar?a will denounce Messi and the club that signs him if FIFA allow a provisional transfer. Bartomeu feels the labour laws are very clear about this. They will not accept any FIFA judgement [ser]

In no way that will come from a Barcelona official it's so amateurish even for our beloved board.

xxxxxx

What does that mean?

Means Bartomeu thinks the release clause stands and they won't be selling him

Bartomeu is one stubborn piece of shit. Messi is clearly not happy and wants to leave. He only has 9 months left on his contract, so why the hell are we haggling over 9 months? Besides, it's already been stated that Messi does have a case regarding his contract. And Bartomeu can't stop Messi from going to FIFA asking for a transfer.

deegenom

Jorge Messi: "Messi going to leave Barcelona? I don't know." [cuatro]

Jorge: "Manchester City? I don't know. There is nothing."

So he came here to say I don't know

I thought he said "dificil" when reporter asked if he is going to stay in Barca? That would mean it is unlikely that he would stay or it would be hard to expect that.

Messi983

Bartomeu is one stubborn piece of shit. Messi is clearly not happy and wants to leave. He only has 9 months left on his contract, so why the hell are we haggling over 9 months? Besides, it's already been stated that Messi does have a case regarding his contract. And Bartomeu can't stop Messi from going to FIFA asking for a transfer.

What case?

F1_STK

Barto doesn't want to carry the weight of letting Messi to leave. It will haunt him for the rest of his career.

xxxxxx

What case?

Where he's in his right to leave for free. Barcelona argues his exit clause had finished when he put in that request, Messi's party argues that the contract states till the end of the season, which would mean the end of August (due to COVID).

At the end of the day, we should negotiate and get a good deal for him. Haggling over 9 months is pretty stupid. We're not going to be able to compete next year anyway, so what is the point?

xxxxxx

Barto doesn't want to carry the weight of letting Messi to leave. It will haunt him for the rest of his career.

Bartomeu doesn't care. He's gone in 8 months anyway. He's going to be hated in any case. He's destroyed this club enough.

raskolnikov

Holding him hostage for a year when he walks on a free is also on him.
Its not like anyone will blame a future board if he signs with city in february for next season for example.
Fucker cant put his ego aside as usual.

Messi983

Full transcription of what Jorge Messi said:

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/jorge-messi-dificil-que-leo-quede-barcelona-8096441

Reporter: Will Leo leave Barca?
JM: I don't know. I don't know anything.
R: How do you see (things)?
JM: Difficult.
R: Difficult to stay?
JM: Yes.
R: And Man City, is it a good option?
JM: Don't know. Don't know anything now.
R: Did you talk to Pep and did he said to you it's better to stay?
JM: I didn't talk to Pep.
R: You didn't talk with him?
JM: No, with nobody.
R: And how you see his future at Barca?
JM: Difficult, difficult.
R: Thanks
JM: Bye.

Messi983

Where he's in his right to leave for free. Barcelona argues his exit clause had finished when he put in that request, Messi's party argues that the contract states till the end of the season, which would mean the end of August (due to COVID).

At the end of the day, we should negotiate and get a good deal for him. Haggling over 9 months is pretty stupid. We're not going to be able to compete next year anyway, so what is the point?

We don't know what's really written in his contract though. As I've said a few days ago, IF Messi was truly convinced he's a free player he would have already signed with City. He's not so he doesn't want to risk anything.

El Gato

Villarato!
I mean, he's only there to advise Leo and give him a shoulder to cry on. Don't know what juicy hot news people expect to get from Jorge.

Messi is a goner. At the very least emotionally. If he stays and Koeman uses him it'll be to everyone's detriment, because Leo is not there in his head any more.

Say your goodbyes folks.

xxxxxx

We don't know what's really written in his contract though. As I've said a few days ago, IF Messi was truly convinced he's a free player he would have already signed with City. He's not so he doesn't want to risk anything.

He's trying to work out a deal for the club he loves. And he can't just go to City if Barcelona is protesting that he has a clause. It will end up going to court. Messi wants to avoid going to court. He has to leave legally.

Messi983

Holding him hostage for a year when he walks on a free is also on him.
Its not like anyone will blame a future board if he signs with city in february for next season for example.
Fucker cant put his ego aside as usual.

I think Bartomeu bets on if he keeps Messi for now he'll wait until he'll see who the next president will be and talk to him about his future. If Font is elected he'll bring Xavi and I'm sure Messi would reconsider his decision then. Laporta could also convince him to stay.

Home of Barca Fans