Lionel Messi - v7

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The only thing that didn't make sense in this whole saga was Laporta repeatedly saying that deal was "almost" done.

It was done, by the club's admission in the statement where they say that they had an agreement and were going to sign the contract today.

They just couldn't:

1. Get the players to take paycuts and sell the players including Griezmann that they needed to sell

or

2. Get La Liga to make an exception so we could register Messi

JamDav1982

Bluffporta has really shown himself to be incredibly naive in the past few months. His whole plan to keep Messi hinged on 'let's move the deadwood' with no Plan B at all, that's incredibly unprofessional...

It is almost impossible to move some of them on at moment and may take whole window to see if anyone comes for Griez, Couti, Umtiti, Pjanic to lesser extent.

Pisses me off more how much they still rely on the older ones with bog contracts and how Pique, Busi are still seen as core players and then sign likes of Aguero.

ajnotkeith

Laporta has lied and bluffed for the past year over Messi, all our players renewals and squad strengthening. He's failed to move any of the deadwood, and despite that being a difficult task, he did not create a Plan B such as selling a more valuable player or organising wage cuts well before this was due to happen. He left it down to a coin flip on whether clubs would take Umtiti and Pjanic or not. He has been thoroughly naive and unprofessional.

Devils

Bluffporta has really shown himself to be incredibly naive in the past few months. His whole plan to keep Messi hinged on 'let's move the deadwood' with no Plan B at all, that's incredibly unprofessional...

He's been lyin' this entire time.

Everyone knew it was goin to be difficult to register him months ago but Lyin' Joan Laporta kept telling us that things were 'progressing well'.

Probably knew this all along and only said this these things to address sponsorships, sell newly launched kits etc...

I will never give another cent of my money to this disgusting club again.

malvolio

The only thing that didn't make sense in this whole saga was Laporta repeatedly saying that deal was "almost" done.

Then it means Laporta knew all along and wanted to get rid of Messi. We haven't really made any effort to release major earners either.

Leong157

Would that surprise you, at this point? The levels we have fallen in terms of seriousness and management in recent years, this wouldn't shock me.

And I don't believe he is leaving, yet.

That would make us fall another level. What a joke.

I will be very disappointed if that is the case.

Tarnish the creditability and reputation of the club for a player (I know it's Messi but anyways...) and short term benefit.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
So an official announcement, a farewell video, a press conference scheduled for tomorrow and now he's removed from the squad list on the website.

Supposing this is not a bluff, what a shameful way to announce the supposed exit of Messi. A club statement and a tribute video an hour later?

Rassvet

Laporta has lied and bluffed for the past year over Messi, all our players renewals and squad strengthening. He's failed to move any of the deadwood, and despite that being a difficult task, he did not create a Plan B such as selling a more valuable player or organising wage cuts well before this was due to happen. He left it down to a coin flip on whether clubs would take Umtiti and Pjanic or not. He has been thoroughly naive and unprofessional.

That's politics for you. Don't hate the players, hate the game.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It was done, by the club's admission in the statement where they say that they had an agreement and were going to sign the contract today.

They just couldn't:

1. Get the players to take paycuts and sell the players including Griezmann that they needed to sell

or

2. Get La Liga to make an exception so we could register Messi

But, if either of those two obstacles still persists, why did Messi come back to Barcelona yesterday and why would they have a meeting with Jorge Messi today? Just to break the news face to face?

Home of Barca Fans