Lionel Messi - v7

ajnotkeith

" none of the signings can be registered let alone Messi"

This isn't on Laporta or Messi guys.

The salary cap and the deal Tebes brokered is bordering on insanity. He must resign now or do the right thing and bend the knee
If Laporta had issues with it he could have said months ago. Instead of leading all of us on and the signings and leading us to a point of no return.

Kul_z

Those people are so rich because of us. It is only fair they hear our opinions (not threats or abuse).

Ofcourse, but some people are so obsessed and are capable of doing such stunts. And in this case, rightefully. Imagine that someone who is hot head accepting because of umtiti, dembele and coutinho salary you cant register your club legend who is still the best in the world. Shit would go wild

Jadentheman

" none of the signings can be registered let alone Messi"

This isn't on Laporta or Messi guys.

The salary cap and the deal Tebes brokered is bordering on insanity. He must resign now or do the right thing and bend the knee

Why would Tebas do this? Remember the health of La Liga depends on Messi. ESPN just got rights to the contract for 1.7billion, if Messi leaves, they could re-negociate and La Liga loses money.

xxxxxx

That's the point that I'm making though, it isn't just on Bartomeu. If this situation went down the way it appears it did, Laporta did the same shit. Just strung him along. He's the FUCKING GOAT! Messi may not be bigger than the club, but the way the club treated him is absolutely despicable. Imagine being a top player seeing this. Why would anyone ever want to play for Barca if this is how you are treated when you succeed? Get out now, follow Moriba out the door while you still can.

Hate to break to you, but Laporta has lied since he's taken charge of the club. He said we would make big signings and we would competitive. We signed a 33-year-old injury-prone Aguero and Garcia who couldn't get his game for City. Depay was an okay signing, but he's not that good. Emerson has potential, but he might turn into another Firpo.

I do agree with you that he should be honest. He should have told us the truth about the current situation. I believe that Messi agreed to a new deal, but I don't believe Laporta when he says our current situation was improving and the deals would be closed. He was pretty much saying the same thing for the past 2 months. Like it was scripted so he didn't have to deal with people questioning him all the time.

Nobody is going to blame Laporta if Messi leaves. It'll all be on Bartomeu. Besides, Laporta is a Barcelona legend.

PacoBJuarez

Why would Tebas do this? Remember the health of La Liga depends on Messi. ESPN just got rights to the contract for 1.7billion, if Messi leaves, they could re-negociate and La Liga loses money.

Is there a clause in the contract that would allow for renegotiation based on Messi leaving? If not, then the deal is signed. That's it.

malvolio

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lionel Messi at Barcelona.<br><br>Thank you for the memories. &#55357;&#56473;❤️ <a href="https://t.co/PA3JMaShGV">pic.twitter.com/PA3JMaShGV</a></p>— B/R Football (@brfootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1423343934818996224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A far better video than what those bums from the club posted

xxxxxx

I find it funny that people think that this is a tactic to force Tebas' hands. Not just that.... that people think it will work. Have you not seen Tebas? The guy gives no fucks. If he changes the rules just to suit our needs, it'll make him look soft. Tebas will probably leave in a few years, so he won't care if Messi is here or not.

Home of Barca Fans