Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

soul24rage

He generates more than he costs, yet we could not keep him at the club because it would exceed the salary cap.

Wouldn't the cap space increase signing Messi so to speak, because he is directly increasing revenue?
From my understanding, Revenue does not immediately come to the club while salary is taken account immediately for La Liga registration.

BJJ

He is absolutely the greatest and a brand by himself but it was clear he had too much power at the club. It's not a healthy dynamic when one player wields so much power at the club.
Also what happened to "Catalan nationalism"?????
Pep and other board members happily taking oil money while we struggle here. In times of need you know who your true friends are.

M3ls

image.png

malvolio

Dunno about how much he generated for the club, but we had our greatest era from a sporting and economic perspective while he was here. And going by the bums we had as coaches(bar Pep) he was the main reason we had it that good.

Again - any big club would take 17 years of Messi for the wages/bonuses we paid, in hindsight.

The clowns that try to bait people on here with the same bullshit about how he bankruppted the club should be banned.

Messigician

Dunno about how much he generated for the club, but we had our greatest era from a sporting and economic perspective while he was here. And going by the bums we had as coaches(bar Pep) he was the main reason we had it that good.

Again - any big club would take 17 years of Messi for the wages/bonuses we paid, in hindsight.

The clowns that try to bait people on here with the same bullshit about how he bankruppted the club should be banned.
Laporta is literally the one saying it lmaoo

Messigician

No he didn't, clown.
Laporta: "We owe Messi money until 2025 because he had to defer his salary at the previous board meeting."

Joan Laporta: "We had a pact with La Liga to dedicate a part of our resources to sign Leo Messi. It was included in the viability plan. But Messi didnt want to wait"

Joan Laporta: "I understand why Leo Messi decided to sign for Inter Miami. Jorge Messi told us that Leo had a difficult time in Paris, and he wanted to play somewhere with less pressure. If he signed for us, he'd still feel the same pressure so I understand."

Xavi: “Our fans started to mention Leo Messi’s name at every game… I like the feeling but trust me, the comeback of Leo Messi only depends on him”. 🚨🔵🔴 #FCB

“I’d say that it depends 99% on Messi”, told @tv3cat.

malvolio

So he didn't say anything about bankruptcy.

Laporta is just an insecure clown who instead of minding his own business, likes to associate himself with Messi at every turn.

khaled_a_d

Not many would take 4 years of 30-33 years old Messi at that contract though.

That contract was wrong, plain and simple.
And not his mistake either, the board should have stand their ground and negotiated a better deal, it is their job.
But there is no defense for that contract, it is one of the reasons why we didn't spend wisely on other areas despite massive wage that killed the club during covid.

Home of Barca Fans