Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
A top team would have beaten Inter home and away. The results in Europe weren't by coincidence, we were shit.

Why were we shit? You know tactics play a huge part in Europe? That coupled with injuries cost us. Unless you think teams like spurs and united have a better squad lol?

Brighton Brentford and even Bournemouth beat Chelsea and Liverpool this season you saying they'll beat us as well since we can't wipe the floor with Chelsea and Liverpool in their current predicament? Even United who just got dominated by Newcastle?

Porque

Lyon are better than their league position suggests, but every team with top attackers have figured PSG out this season inspite of the league position.

When you have the ball PSG have 2 players who do absolutely nothing defensively. So you have the freedom to play 10 versus the remaining 8 on field, and play the percentages that Messi/Mbappe don't score

Gaultier is absolutely cooked, and the circus commenceth again next September.

malvolio

Why were we shit? You know tactics play a huge part in Europe? That coupled with injuries cost us. Unless you think teams like spurs and united have a better squad lol?

Because we were shit last year also. So two years in a row we couldn't get out of our CL group. Don't think it happened in the history of the CL for a club this big, as rich as ours to pull off this shit.

I wasn't saying that we are worse than Spurs. We are worse than the top teams in Europe. And seems that we are worse than likes of Inter when things don't go in our favour. So yes, we are not a top team right now.

Morten

Because we were shit last year also. So two years in a row we couldn't get out of our CL group. Don't think it happened in the history of the CL for a club this big, as rich as ours to pull off this shit.

I wasn't saying that we are worse than Spurs. We are worse than the top teams in Europe. And seems that we are worse than likes of Inter when things don't go in our favour. So yes, we are not a top team right now.

You cant simply not be a top team with the domestic results you are having this season, come on now.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

You are the one that brought up top team I merely said we are better than Chelsea united and liverpool and would. Wipe the floor with them.
Was Chelsea a better team than city when they beat them in CL final or was it pep going full retard and not playing with a dm? It's not always back and white like you want to make it out to be. We are better than inter as well but like i said xavi + injuries to our entire back line cost us those ties same with the tie vs United.

malvolio

You are the one that brought up top team I merely said we are better than Chelsea united and liverpool and would. Wipe the floor with them.
Was Chelsea a better team than city when they beat them in CL final or was it pep going full retard and not playing with a dm? It's not always back and white like you want to make it out to be. We are better than inter as well but like i said xavi + injuries to our entire back line cost us those ties same with the tie vs United.

But we didn't wiped the floor with United or Inter. Xavi, squad depth and quality are ours, not Espanyol's.

So we wouldn't wipe the floor with current Chelsea or Liverpool. As bad as they are doing in a league that is miles better than current Liga.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
But we didn't wiped the floor with United or Inter. Xavi, squad depth and quality are ours, not Espanyol's.

So we wouldn't wipe the floor with current Chelsea or Liverpool. As bad as they are doing in a league that is miles better than current Liga.

Whole Point is we should win with the squad we have. What are you trying to say exactly? That we will Struggle to get Into the top half of the premier league table ordo you just want to shit on our squad because it doesn't have your favourite oldies?

malvolio

Whole Point is we should win with the squad we have. What are you trying to say exactly? That we will Struggle to get Into the top half of the premier league table ordo you just want to shit on our squad because it doesn't have your favourite oldies?

I'm saying we are just a team like any other from the second row. We are not a team that can challenge for the CL. We meet current Liverpool and result can go either way, but most probably we lose in a KO tie.

Suddenly its about me being bitter because we were a farce in Europe, two years in a row.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I'm saying we are just a team like any other from the second row. We are not a team that can challenge for the CL. We meet current Liverpool and result can go either way, but most probably we lose in a KO tie.

Suddenly its about me being bitter because we were a farce in Europe, two years in a row.

Who are the teams in the 2nd row as you would put it? You seem to not apply much context outside of results in your judgement of teams, football isn't so binary so I totally disagree with you in relation to us losing to such a poor Liverpool team.

Effectively you are implying we will finish mid table. In the PL with that take for me.

BTW to be clear I agree we aren't top tier but there are very few teams who are this season. I also agree we aren't favourites to win the CL but we are definitely good enough to reach at least the quarters and even semis with a good draw and better manager imo. As I've said many times before once in the semis anything can happen. Don't need to be the best team to win the CL.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

If Chelsea recently won a CL title, Madrid won one last year, Tottenham made a CL final a few years ago, how can it be impossible that we compete too?

It's a cup, anything can happen. This year one of Napoli/Milan/Inter/Benfica are making the final and none of them were on anyone's lips whatsoever to challenge for the CL before the season started. Yet one will make the final.

None of them would be considered to have better squads either.

Home of Barca Fans