Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

iniestaGOAT

Expecting a legend to be underpaid in order to prove his love for a club is such an unfair barometer for me.

You can love your club, whilst at the same time expecting a fair wage for what your bring to the club.

True but at the same time the club is in financial mess

Pique let go a lot of money

Laporta came out and said we still owe messi money

It is possible Messi does not love the club as much as he loves money

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As for the "amigo" culture then it exists in every single club in most sports as well.

The new amigo group at the club right now seems to Lewy, Christensen, ter Stegen and Frenkie lol.

In any case it's hilarious to watch a guy who would probably slurp Dembele's balls in real life shit on actual Barca legends just because they overstayed, something that often happens at other clubs too.

Last edited:

Rory

As for the "amigo" culture then it exists in every single club in most sports as well.

The new amigo group at the club right now seems to Lewy, Christensen, ter Stegen and Frenkie lol.
Ah but tbf Lewy fired us to a ucl victory last season. With Messi we weren't even making it out the group.

DonAK

Ah but tbf Lewy fired us to a ucl victory last season. With Messi we weren't even making it out the group.

Temp and Birdy keep jumping up and down for players that have done fuck all for us so far compared to even someone like Jordi Alba who I don't even like and have wanted gone for at least a couple of years. Although at least Birdy is a Barca fan even if he has some of the dumbest and most dishonest comments around here(see his comments on Argentina pre-WC and post-WC).

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

The issue is simple. It boils down to whether you think Messi was worthy of the money he got paid, and is still potentially being paid, or not.
That's the crux of the issue.

For me it's a no brainer. If I had the choice of Messi playing his best 15 years at my club for what was paid, or not, I would pay the money in an instant. He's been very very cheap for the way I look at football.

All the GOAT moments, the number of goals, the beauty of the goals, the iconic moments, the elevating of the club, the attachment of the club to the greatest player ever, the millions of extra Barcelona fans created in the past, now and in the future, the numerous trophies.

How much money is that all worth? Ask Utd fans or Liverpool fans how much that is worth when they have to say the best players that played for them were Cantona and Dalglish.

Messi was beyond priceless.

Rory

Temp and Birdy keep jumping up and down for players that have done fuck all for us so far compared to even someone like Jordi Alba who I don't even like and have wanted gone for at least a couple of years. Although at least Birdy is a Barca fan even if he has some of the dumbest and most dishonest comments around here(see his comments on Argentina pre-WC and post-WC).
None of the points I've seen have been very convincing from them. Some players being overpaid is kind of irrelevant when any spare money has been spent in a terrible fashion. What is it they think the extra 40-50m a year would have done for the club had we lowered wages in line with what they probably should have been.

Then there's completely ignoring the fact we were plunged into this financial situation due to covid. Prior to that we were raking in the highest revenue in the world and easily paying these wages. Messi should have seen the future and saw covid would happen though tbf.

DonAK

None of the points I've seen have been very convincing from them. Some players being overpaid is kind of irrelevant when any spare money has been spent in a terrible fashion. What is it they think the extra 40-50m a year would have done for the club had we lowered wages in line with what they probably should have been.

Then there's completely ignoring the fact we were plunged into this financial situation due to covid. Prior to that we were raking in the highest revenue in the world and easily paying these wages. Messi should have seen the future and saw covid would happen though tbf.

Would have probably used that 50m saved to sign more bum players or overpay like crazy for some players like we did with Dembele and Coutinho who were both 80-90m players max then.

Temptation

RL9 won the league with Barca in his first season topscoring in the league with zero penalties and the worst rough patch of his career in a World Cup interrupted season. 5 in 5 in the CL. Sit down.

Couldn't care less about what RL9 does for Barca anyways. I'm an RL9 fan not a Barca fan. They're my second most hated club after Yanited. Would have been third most hated if Everton were relevant.

I just like the forum and provide an outsider's perspective to the forum which the timid establishment here despises. :lol:

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

RL9 won the league with Barca in his first season topscoring in the league with zero penalties and the worst rough patch of his career in a World Cup interrupted season. 5 in 5 in the CL. Sit down.

Couldn't care less about what RL9 does for Barca anyways. I'm an RL9 fan not a Barca fan. They're my second most hated club after Yanited. Would have been third most hated if Everton were relevant.

I just like the forum and provide an outsider's perspective to the forum which the timid establishment here despises. :lol:
I suspect your hatred of Barcelona negatively impacts on your credibility as a rational 'outsider perspective.'

More often than not your hatred seeps through keyboard, hence the often hostile reaction.

Temptation

I suspect your hatred of Barcelona negatively impacts on your credibility as a rational 'outsider perspective.'

More often than not your hatred seeps through keyboard, hence the often hostile reaction.

Well everybody is biased in certain aspects but I try to be as objective as possible. I concede that Barca is a bigger club than us as of today.

I'm respectful to the people who are normal. If you dish it out you should know how to take it.

Home of Barca Fans