Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Temptation

No clear foul called on Messi right before that happened.

You should listen to VVD

Don't care. I'm not a blind fanboy who will eat up whatever the player says. I don't take VVD or any Footballer seriously for anything they say. Even if it's about Football. Only care about their game on the pitch. That's it.

Also, don't use strawman arguments.

No one is saying that the matches were scripted. That is impossible. So you giving examples of good passes or runs by Messi is irrelevant. That can never be scripted.

The point is that the matches were officiated very clearly in favour of one team. And yes, that can change a lot of outcomes.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Don't care. I'm not a blind fanboy who will eat up whatever the player says. I don't take VVD or any Footballer seriously for anything they say. Even if it's about Football. Only care about their game on the pitch. That's it.

No one is saying that the matches were scripted. That is impossible. So you giving examples of good passes or runs by Messi is irrelevant. That can never be scripted.

The point is that the matches were officiated very clearly in favour of one team. And yes, that can change a lot of outcomes.
You don't eat at Van Dyk table but had a full on buffet at Van Gaal's.
:jack:

soul24rage

So you dismiss the person who says the thing you don't want to hear and you only care about people who say the things you want to hear. Ok.

Give me examples from this match where it was clearly in favour of one team and we can discuss.

Temptation

So you dismiss the person who says the thing you don't want to hear and you only care about people who say the things you want to hear. Ok.

Give me examples from this match where it was clearly in favour of one team and we can discuss.
I said it way, way before LVG did so......

Andresito

Staff member
I said it way, way before LVG did so......
But your club legend says you're wrong. LVG is deluded at times and unhinged, not a surprising thing for him to say. Would rather listen to VVD on this.

Some people forget the fact that Argentina were dominant throughout the tournament, penalties or not. They were never bailed out thanks to the refs and I can't remember Argentina conceding a pen that wasn't called. If it was scripted no way would France get two pens in the final.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

No. I had made this point way before Van Gaal did. Ask your forum mates.
Basta ya, I don't have forum mates. Just have a normal conversation without any sly digs, hermano. You are getting all defensive again because it's the Big Bad Wolf Leo. That's what emotional attachment to Ronaldo does to a hombre though.

I'm here ready to help you break your attachment whenever you feel the pain is becoming too much. ( Not a dig, but a genuine olive branch.)

Temptation

But your club legend says you're wrong. LVG is deluded at times and unhinged, not a surprising thing for him to say. Would rather listen to VVD on this.

Some people forget the fact that Argentina were dominant throughout the tournament, penalties or not. They were never bailed out thanks to the refs and I can't remember Argentina conceding a pen that wasn't called. If it was scripted no way would France get two pens in the final.

Do you support Dani Alves raping women? You support Dinho committing fraud? Support Marcos Alonso drinking n driving killin somebody?

It's not necessary to agree with everything your club legend says/does.

Temptation

Doesn't matter if you said it way before. I brought up someone who says contradictory of what you said and you chose to dismiss it, while you're brought up someone who agrees with you.
Well, duh! Coz I don't agree with it.

If someone give an opinion stating Pele/CR7/Maradona> Messi, you'll dismiss it, right?

Temptation

Basta ya, I don't have forum mates. Just have a normal conversation without any sly digs, hermano. You are getting all defensive again because it's the Big Bad Wolf Leo. That's what emotional attachment to Ronaldo does to a hombre though.

I'm here ready to help you break your attachment whenever you feel the pain is becoming too much. ( Not a dig, but a genuine olive branch.)

Nothing defensive. More like you're bringing up a bogus point. My opinion wasn't formed coz of what LVG said. I said it way back during the WC.

I'm posting the LVG quote coz this opinion is starting to go more mainstream now. More and more people are questioning the WC including public figures.

I'm here ready to help you join Basic rationality and cognitive reasoning classes whenever you find difficulties with applying common sense.

soul24rage

Well, duh! Coz I don't agree with it.

If someone give an opinion stating Pele/CR7/Maradona> Messi, you'll dismiss it, right?

For that kind of opinion, not really. I never had any problems with people having opinions like that, even if I don't agree with it. That's not dismissing though, that's just accepting other people's opinion.

But if it's something as accusatory as what LvG has mentioned, then yes I do have a problem with it.

Home of Barca Fans