Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

mc_lovin

So this dumbass Laporta is planning to give 13m NET (!) on a finished 36 yr old,
while he already has three other finished 34 and 35 yr olds on 10m NET or so
(and despite our new wage structure where max is 10m net)

I am OUT for a while if this happens.

First of all, promise? Apart from that Messi at ~10m net basically pays for himself (hard to believe otherwise, FFP is a different matter).

JamDav1982

Media claiming he his being offered 25m a season plus large bonuses and a % of revenue.

Apparently Barca have put a proposal to La Liga of selling two players and dropping of current players salaries.

Probably end up on more money than even PSG would pay him.... ridiculous.

Can see the arguments for taking him back as still improves the team and important for that relationship to be repaired but why for such a salary and probably more than any other club bar ones in Middle East would pay him?

Here comes Barca latest PR disaster... threatening players that they have to drop salaries for Messi to arrive.

Last edited:

Porque

They want to drop salaries? They could have, you know, dropped Busquets, Roberto's and Marcos Alonso's.

% of revenue is fine as long as it is % of revenue that Messi directly impacts. For example, % of our share of Messi Jerseys and Messi merch.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
They want to drop salaries? They could have, you know, dropped Busquets, Roberto's and Marcos Alonso's.

% of revenue is fine as long as it is % of revenue that Messi directly impacts. For example, % of our share of Messi Jerseys and Messi merch.

It's % revenue he'll make or have a direct impact on through for example merchandising.
This is being reported everywhere and I'm sure Jammy knows it too and just forgot to mention it.

Also cannot see a report about them reducing everyone's salaries. What I saw being reported was them binning two players who would cover the salary offer they're gonna make to Messi and work in terms of FFP.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How do we unilaterally "bin" two players? And bypassing La Liga's allotted salary limit just to accommodate Messi, and putting it back on when he is gone? It is going to make us and La Liga a joke.

Also, what is really the point of this? Purely financial I'd guess, but are we even sure financially the amount of new revenue that will be generated will cover what we will pay Messi?

Andresito

Staff member
31 Messi I would understand, but working this hard for current 36 year old Messi.. oh boy.

This isn't going to end well. It's a mistake signing him on this salary.

Home of Barca Fans