Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Can we just ban Fati and finally have this forum free of trolls? :lol:

Tired of this donkey camping in this thread every day leaving some stupid shit.

Chill dude i have only answered the question from bismp

its not my fault that suddenly every Messiboi going crazy and attack me :lamine:

anyways, i need to go, good evening to everyone here!

CatalinR10

it proves that he gave 200% to statpad against the small teams, where were the goals against Chelsea in 2012....but 5 goals against Leverkusen :ROFLMAO:

No no AkDon, winning cls has become too easy for him so he chose a new task with 33 and conquered Italy! Some guys went to a much easier league to eat baguettes but

You are repeating same shit again and again and again , topics that were already talked about and closed long time ago.

didnt conquer it or scored a knockout stage goal :pique:

Messi didn't score a ko goal in 2 years in Paris.

CR didn't score a ko goal or assist his whole life as a football player in the WC.

Get a life loser lmao

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

You are repeating same shit again and again and again , topics that were already talked about and closed long time ago.

Messi didn't score a ko goal in 2 years in Paris.

CR didn't score a ko goal or assist his whole life as a football player.

Get a life loser lmao

Ok dude im tired of these discussions, lets end it for today :yawn:

Maradona37

Kanye just cooked Messi

“ it’s a simple thing ye u look at who has the most goals and it’s Ronaldo, soccer is bout scoring goals and I don’t see Messi nowhere near the top”
I know you're trolling, but a lot of people actually do think like that - it's sad and it just totally misses the team aspect of football and that the guy who finishes off the chances is not necessarily the best player in the team. In fact it's rare that he is.

How many of the greatest goalscorers ever are in the top 7-8 players of all time? If we exclude CR because I don't rate him top 7, that leaves Messi and Pele.

Going by that Kanye's guy's logic Iniesta was garbage as he scored less in his career than C Ronaldo scored in one season. Gerrard and Lampard were better than Xavi and Pirlo because they scored more. Haaland is miles better than de Bruyne etc. Why aren't Bican and Muller considered better than Maradona? After all, they scored more goals. Are defenders or goalkeepers not important because it's their job to prevent goals?

I feel like I have said this more times than I have had hot dinners...but football is a qualitative sport as well as quantitative. Often a great pass or dribble makes a goal and the finish is not the hardest part, sometimes it is even the easiest. It isn't like sprinting or swimming where the guy who runs fastest or goes through the water quickest is the best and there's no room for debate. Football is a team sport with so many more factors. It isn't a game of statistical certainties for individual players.

MagIX

Great posts, i highlight the key points:
. You can perform better and lose a tournament than someone who wins a tournament. Performances don't always equal winning.
Spot on, I agree 100%
Often a great pass or dribble makes a goal and the finish is not the hardest part, sometimes it is even the easiest.
Spot on a again, I agree 100%
Goal scored don't always equal good performance.
Often in a play that leads to a goal, the goal itself accounts for 10% of the overall action, while the rest, like assists, key passes, dribbling, and so on, account for 90% of the goal.
You can be MOTM without having scored any goals.

It's not about scoring goals and just the pure numbers, it's about playing football and there is MUCH more to it than scoring a lot of goals.
Obviously, considering Messi the GOAT (or goat along Pele and Maradona) has never been a matter of statistics and trophies won,
but having 2 eyes connected to a functionning brain: everyone who knows football can instantly see why Messi is a goat level special talent. He will always be remembered for how he played.
Stats and trophies come as extra.

What makes him the GOAT is his innate quantum football IQ combined with immense talent/technique, just as Pele and Maradona had.

Maradona37

Great posts, i highlight the key points:

Spot on, I agree 100%

Spot on a again, I agree 100%
Goal scored don't always equal good performance.
Often in a play that leads to a goal, the goal itself accounts for 10% of the overall action, while the rest, like assists, key passes, dribbling, and so on, account for 90% of the goal.
You can be MOTM without having scored any goals.

It's not about scoring goals and just the pure numbers, it's about playing football and there is MUCH more to it than scoring a lot of goals.
Obviously, considering Messi the GOAT (or goat along Pele and Maradona) has never been a matter of statistics and trophies won,
but having 2 eyes connected to a functionning brain: everyone who knows football can instantly see why Messi is a goat level special talent. He will always be remembered for how he played.
Stats and trophies come as extra.

What makes him the GOAT is his innate quantum football IQ combined with immense talent/technique, just as Pele and Maradona had.
Thanks, and exactly mate. That some people still try and boil players down to pure numbers is silly. Obviously it makes sense for guys like Hojlund or Haaland or Lukaku who offer nothing else, but comparing Messi and Ronaldo on goal stats does a massive disservice to Messi, given his vast superiority beyond goalscoring.

You would think this would be obvious in a team sport revolving around dribbling, passes and combinations, but some people still don't get it. They don't understand that a goal is just the end part of a move (unless it's a shot from range or a solo dribble). Many goals are team goals and you can't just assume the guy finishing it off is the best.

Same for the bit about playing better than someone who wins a tournament, even if you lose it. You'd think this would be obvious but so many fans are fixated on goals and trophies. Messi has those and performances fortunately for him, but certain players don't have the performances.

Last edited:

companyofcules

Thanks, and exactly mate. That some people still try and boil players down to pure numbers is silly. Obviously it makes sense for guys like Hojlund or Haaland or Lukaku who offer nothing else, but comparing Messi and Ronaldo on goal stats does a massive disservice to Messi, given his vast superiority beyond goalscoring.

You would think this would be obvious in a team sport revolving around dribbling, passes and combinations, but some people still don't get it. They don't understand that a goal is just the end part of a move (unless it's a shot from range or a solo dribble). Many goals are team goals and you can't just assume the guy finishing it off is the best.

Same for the bit about playing better than someone who wins a tournament, even if you lose it. You'd think this would be obvious but so many fans are fixated on goals and trophies. Messi has those and performances fortunately for him, but certain players don't have the performances.
I like reading your posts

Maradona37

Mine is just a troll account but you are here for football and I like people that understand the game.
I see you discuss seriously now and then, it's all good.

Thanks, football is a game of opinions and some will agree with me and others will think I am not making any sense. The important thing is I fully believe what I say in this instance - you cannot tell how good a player is from stats, you have to WATCH him (the same goes for teams as a collective to be honest).

Stats can't really capture or quantify things like passing, dribbling and even finishing. They try by counting up percentages, numbers of dribbles or passes etc. But only by watching can you see that one pass or dribble has a higher degree of difficulty than another, or that one pass was badly played but still made it whereas another was a perfectly weighted one that kept the momentum of a move going. But they both count as a completed pass in the stats. Same with finishing - some shots are more challenging than others. You have to watch to see the quality of the action.

The overall point is that football is a complex game with 22 players moving about the pitch and doing different things on and off the ball. Hence, I find trying to quantify it like it's an exact science ridiculous. You can do that to a large extent with solo race sports but not team sports.

Home of Barca Fans