Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Andresito

Staff member
Pep Guardiola: "With all due respect to Pele and Diego Maradona, but Lionel Messi is the GOAT in my opinion. I have never seen someone like him as a coach, you can't imagine him maintaining this longevity for 15-20 years. When you see him up close, you think of Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan."

companyofcules

:)) Yeah, the first time I saw Messi I was thinking about irelevan murican sports and their media stars.
Pep is barking for the dogs of Anglo papers.
He is in truth a more American catalan but let's face it nobody gave a fuck who is MJ and TW in my time, except some news channels 3 times per year and the kids who wanted to be Americans. Then we can compare Messi with Tupac too.

In my opinion Messi is a better dribbler than Maradona not more consistent or more big in terms of football.
Messi had his decay too, had a better chance at playing in Europe in his prime in a team that loves his football.
You can totally say Messi is better due to his scoring and dribbling, Maradona was not really a forward, but is total disrespectful to logic to simply say we can't compare him with Maradona, let's skip to some random fuckers from US from a different sport.
As for Pele he is more the first Penaldo and in my opinion him and CR have a place in the debate for the 3'rd spot, except if we go for the talent first stats later.

Andresito

Staff member
:)) Yeah, the first time I saw Messi I was thinking about irelevan murican sports and their media stars.
Pep is barking for the dogs of Anglo papers.
He is in truth a more American catalan but let's face it nobody gave a fuck who is MJ and TW in my time, except some news channels 3 times per year and the kids who wanted to be Americans. Then we can compare Messi with Tupac too.

In my opinion Messi is a better dribbler than Maradona not more consistent or more big in terms of football.
Messi had his decay too, had a better chance at playing in Europe in his prime in a team that loves his football.
You can totally say Messi is better due to his scoring and dribbling, Maradona was not really a forward, but is total disrespectful to logic to simply say we can't compare him with Maradona, let's skip to some random fuckers from US from a different sport.
As for Pele he is more the first Penaldo and in my opinion him and CR have a place in the debate for the 3'rd spot, except if we go for the talent first stats later.
It was an interview in Italian, but good guess lol.

companyofcules

Btw you are not very sharp thinking he doesn't expect his interviews to be translated in every language.
@Andresito
Anyways, let's stick to football, Maradona can be totally copared to Messi regardless of his decline, shite caracter and whatever you want. I do think prime Messi was better but again I didn't see prime Maradona on modern fields.
But nevertheless prime Messi had stronger legs, better dribbling, ball control while Maradona was more agile versatile and a far better midfield. It was Iniesta on steroids.
Yeah, we can totally compare them and Pep is an idiot talking for money at this point or he didn't get a mature thinking at his age as most Western pampered "men".

I get you got star struck in your youth by the murican media and now it's even profitable to talk nice about those legends but come on, stick to football and don't disrespect such a huge talent.

companyofcules

BTW ranking someone or something takes into account his level in prime. Then after you select the players that had similar levels in their prime.you can discuss other aspects. Even if Maradona had a shorter prime of 4 years as some believe or not that known since it occurred partly in Argentina too, he was there with Messi as quality and talent. Then you can rank other things as longevity.
If you skip pime level you can get a very different ranking that is flawed with goalkeepers dominating the top.
It's like ignoring in swimming the record breakers for the ones that had 15 years of getting the second place. Makes little sense.

Maradona37

He's the greatest player of all time for me (alongside Maradona) but the sheer celebrity worship the likes of he and Ronaldo receive for being able to kick a ball about well is repulsive to be honest.

We all love football but it means very little in the grand scheme of things. You can live without it. Save your admiration for those who work on curing diseases.

I hate both he and Ronaldo as people.

Home of Barca Fans