Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Yeah you're right on some of that mate. Footballers in general now are more coached and athletic. I was saying this today - even Brasil is more European in style and more regimented. Maybe it's with increasing capitalism in the world and increasing money in the game even the areas with fewer resources have to somehow conform to a more Western European style of football.

Birdy will be all over this but it does feel like there's less magic in the game.

Yeah the reason is definitely the increasing capitalism

We see rarely magic these days, from teams and from a single player

even if our team looses 0-5 but we had the chance to see this unbelievable skill from Cristiano live in the stadium we would still go with a smile to home, the defender needed probably menthal therapy after getting humilated like this

these times are unfortunately over *cry*

Maradona37

even if our team looses 0-5 but we had the chance to see this unbelievable skill from Cristiano live in the stadium we would still go with a smile to home, the defender needed probably menthal therapy after getting humilated like this

I get your point but that's really just showboating going nowhere lol. He has better examples of great skill. But I do get what you are saying.

Nello

Thought it was Anthony for a moment

serghei

I'd take him back at Barca after the 105k stadium is done to have a final farewell season if he's civilized about his money demands. He can easily have the same impact as someone like Modric for Madrid.

serghei

So... the replacement for 37 years old tractor is 39 years old Messi :lol:. That guarantees 95k crowd at each game almost, massive public relations hit.

Plus, for him, one final world cup in 2026 with albiceleste, then a final season for Barca in 2026-27 on new stadium is a perfect ending.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
If world was perfect the best would be to have a farewell season. There are so many fans that would like to see him one last time that one game with 105k isn't enough.

But I think we will just get a testimonial. Don't think he'll sign for the club again. Can't see him being competitive in Barca training week in week out.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If world was perfect the best would be to have a farewell season. There are so many fans that would like to see him one last time that one game with 105k isn't enough.

But I think we will just get a testimonial. Don't think he'll sign for the club again. Can't see him being competitive in Barca training week in week out.

Why not returning in winter 26'. Season is over in MLS in late October.

Home of Barca Fans