Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

vegitot

He's far too old to play for Barca or be the main man, look forward not to the past. That's Man United's problem and you don't want it to be Barca's too.

Anyway, he's doing very well chilling in MLS and I watched the 8 minute highlights from last night. The passing and finishing was excellent. Beautiful finish on his right foot too (he has plenty of goals, including chips, one of the hardest skills to execute, with it and passes with it which ought to shut up the people who says he's all left foot but seemingly doesn't).

I mean I have zero interest in the guy as a person as I have said many times. But as a footballer he's the best player I have ever seen (with Maradona). He's just an amazingly special player who's one of the greatest passers, dribblers, playmakers and finishers of all time. There might be a few better passers ever for instance but he does all the core stuff to such an insanely high standard that he's the best, most complete attacker I have ever seen.

It really is ridiculous how good at football he is. It's a farce that that other guy is compared to him, to be frank.
It's ridiculous to say Messi is too old to play for Barca. Check his playmaking level in his last season at PSG, easily above anyone in today football. Since he is in MLS now, he knows that he can play at semi retirement mode and no need to push himself.

But it's best that there should be no reunion.

Maradona37

It's ridiculous to say Messi is too old to play for Barca. Check his playmaking level in his last season at PSG, easily above anyone in today football. Since he is in MLS now, he knows that he can play at semi retirement mode and no need to push himself.

But it's best that there should be no reunion.
Never denied he's still an amazing playmaker, but the guy is 37 ffs. How much longer can he go? Even if you got him for one or max two seasons then you have the issue of changing everything again when he stops playing.

Anyway you might be right, I am not saying you're wrong and I am right. I just think you should never go back in life.

vegitot

Since Ballon Dor is near, this is the hardest image ever
20241016-202429.jpg

Should not forget that he wins 8 Ballon Dor and 8 Fifa the best. So fake man.

vegitot

Never denied he's still an amazing playmaker, but the guy is 37 ffs. How much longer can he go? Even if you got him for one or max two seasons then you have the issue of changing everything again when he stops playing.

Anyway you might be right, I am not saying you're wrong and I am right. I just think you should never go back in life.
It is just a scenario some discussing here that Messi returns. He would still excel no 10 role in current Barca. He will not press but Flick and entire team will be ok with that.

Though that will never happen. At best there might be a farewell match when Messi retires.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I still have a dream. That the new stadium they attach a huge statue of this to the roof.

1729091630977.png

They then have a lever where you can move the statue 90 to 180 degrees down so it is literally looming over the pitch. A world first.

Imagine how much money it would bring as a tourist attraction as it penetrates the Barcelona skyline like a modern day Statue of Liberty.

The players can look up to the skies during difficult games and get the inspiration they need. And even better, when the sun is out, there will literally be a shadow of the GOAT on the pitch.

Legendary.

Home of Barca Fans