Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

malvolio

If world was perfect the best would be to have a farewell season. There are so many fans that would like to see him one last time that one game with 105k isn't enough.

But I think we will just get a testimonial. Don't think he'll sign for the club again. Can't see him being competitive in Barca training week in week out.
Like he'll come back for serghei to tell him what wages he is allowed or what role to play :lol:

I still think there is bad blood between him and Laporta. The fat fuck would surely entertain the idea but Messi not so much. Get Pique in as president and a deal could be made.

Andresito

Staff member
Like he'll come back for serghei to tell him what wages he is allowed or what role to play :lol:

I still think there is bad blood between him and Laporta. The fat fuck would surely entertain the idea but Messi not so much. Get Pique in as president and a deal could be made.
I feel like his love for the club transcends his disagreements with Laporta. It's basically his last chance to say goodbye to mainly the fans and get closure on Barca. Who the president is shouldn't matter in that case.

Of course you'd need a coach who accepts this. Sporting wise I dont think Messi will offer much so his return would mostly be symbolic and for other reasons than getting success on the pitch. Club is always bigger than any player so a compromise from both Messi and Barca would be needed.

Positives for the club would be increased attendance, great marketing opportunities and maybe an Argentina effect where players give a little extra on the pitch just because it's Messi. But Messi in itself will most likely be a walking ghost with few flashes here and there.

malvolio

I feel like his love for the club transcends his disagreements with Laporta. It's basically his last chance to say goodbye to mainly the fans and get closure on Barca. Who the president is shouldn't matter in that case.

Of course you'd need a coach who accepts this. Sporting wise I dont think Messi will offer much so his return would mostly be symbolic and for other reasons than getting success on the pitch. Club is always bigger than any player so a compromise from both Messi and Barca would be needed.

Positives for the club would be increased attendance, great marketing opportunities and maybe an Argentina effect where players give a little extra on the pitch just because it's Messi. But Messi in itself will most likely be a walking ghost with few flashes here and there.
You do realise I was discussing the testimonial part. I ain't this deluded to even discuss him coming back as a player here.

And for all this chat about him putting aside his differences with Laporta, he didn't show up once at our home games since he left. Even though he has a house there and has returned multiple times to the city.

Maradona37

He's far too old to play for Barca or be the main man, look forward not to the past. That's Man United's problem and you don't want it to be Barca's too.

Anyway, he's doing very well chilling in MLS and I watched the 8 minute highlights from last night. The passing and finishing was excellent. Beautiful finish on his right foot too (he has plenty of goals, including chips, one of the hardest skills to execute, with it and passes with it which ought to shut up the people who says he's all left foot but seemingly doesn't).

I mean I have zero interest in the guy as a person as I have said many times. But as a footballer he's the best player I have ever seen (with Maradona). He's just an amazingly special player who's one of the greatest passers, dribblers, playmakers and finishers of all time. There might be a few better passers ever for instance but he does all the core stuff to such an insanely high standard that he's the best, most complete attacker I have ever seen.

It really is ridiculous how good at football he is. It's a farce that that other guy is compared to him, to be frank.

soul24rage

You do realise I was discussing the testimonial part. I ain't this deluded to even discuss him coming back as a player here.

And for all this chat about him putting aside his differences with Laporta, he didn't show up once at our home games since he left. Even though he has a house there and has returned multiple times to the city.
He never really put aside his differences with Laporta. Xavi was the main driving force of getting Messi back to Barca in summer 2023.

For the showing up to the home games since he left, he was a PSG player at the time. Imagine the negative press that will come to him if he attends a home game, he doesn't need those extra noises while preparing for the World Cup.

As an Inter Miami player, obviously travelling to a different continent will be difficult, especially with preparing for the Copa America.

soul24rage

He's far too old to play for Barca or be the main man, look forward not to the past. That's Man United's problem and you don't want it to be Barca's too.

Anyway, he's doing very well chilling in MLS and I watched the 8 minute highlights from last night. The passing and finishing was excellent. Beautiful finish on his right foot too (he has plenty of goals, including chips, one of the hardest skills to execute, with it and passes with it which ought to shut up the people who says he's all left foot but seemingly doesn't).

I mean I have zero interest in the guy as a person as I have said many times. But as a footballer he's the best player I have ever seen (with Maradona). He's just an amazingly special player who's one of the greatest passers, dribblers, playmakers and finishers of all time. There might be a few better passers ever for instance but he does all the core stuff to such an insanely high standard that he's the best, most complete attacker I have ever seen.

It really is ridiculous how good at football he is. It's a farce that that other guy is compared to him, to be frank.
Think it's more of a symbolic discussion rather than a sporting discussion (he can still make an impact in the last 30 minute or even 90 minutes depending on the opposition). Messi deserves the send off that he deserves with the fans.

Pipe dream though.

L3v1s

Always a delight to see those highlights, even more happy that everyone is cheering him now in Argentina whereas a few years back some were questioning his loyalty for the Albiceleste. By the looks of it, he can 100% be part of the 2026 squad, but not always present on the pitch. Dont think it should be a problem for him.

Wish we got him on a loan for those Champions League games so he can boost his stats. Had he stayed in Europe for a little longer he'd have broken them already:koeman2:

Maradona37

Think it's more of a symbolic discussion rather than a sporting discussion (he can still make an impact in the last 30 minute or even 90 minutes depending on the opposition). Messi deserves the send off that he deserves with the fans.

Pipe dream though.
Fair enough, just skimmed through the discussion. It's more a general statement - I know plenty of Barca fans (maybe not on here) would like him to come home.

If it was a testimonial or something then of course.

serghei

Bad blood with Laporta is overplayed, usually by Messi's legions of fanatics. The club could not afford to extend him and that was it.

Hell, if you make it a testimonial, just bring back all the legends from 2009 - 2011, they are all retired almost. Alves might be in jail but the rest could be game for that. You could even have Pep as manager. Milk all of that nostalgia.

Last edited:

TheStig

My dream is that his testimonial will be the first game at the finished Camp Nou after his last official match in the finals of WC2026 between his best teammates from Barca against his best teammates from Argentina. He deserves a proper goodbye and thank you but a lot depends on how broken things are between him and Laporta.

That would also be the moment when CN becomes Estadi Lionel Messi if we weren't greedy broke fuckers.

Home of Barca Fans