Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

FCMessi

Messi can still cut it in LL for a year or 2.

Nothing wrong in wanting to make money for his family but something about those Oil League leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. Just shows where Football is heading. We're "legacy fans" anyways so we're irrelevant.

Does Barca need Messi to win La Liga ?

or does Barca need Messi to win LL in style ? Magical goals, more goals.

Iniesta Ultra

Is there any difference in getting your oil money paid in Saudi than to getting it paid in Paris, Manchester or Newcastle?

It's bad for football if elite players get bought out before they're irrelevant to top flight. If Xavi never became our SD/manager and we had a Pep, Arteta, De Zerbi where our football weren't neutered then I'd be in the camp Messi's return wouldn't be beneficial. Messi's the only player Xavi can't force gimpball onto, and they both know it. Of course Messi got a little disillusioned, rightfully so, with Barca's project for few years before he had to go to PSG, again rightfully so the same playing in Paris where first time he had ignorant fans booing him. But World Cup prep and part Galtier this season he's clearly showed he can dominate and moreso than any current Barca player when motivated.

He'll have no motivation in SA, sure he'll still give 70% effort there, to earn 1b/yearly performing bear wage but I also have no doubt especially after winning WC and another Bdor perhaps, going immediately from being crowned undisputed GOAT to near total irrelevance. I would hope his 'greed' for recognition and attention, rightfully so, trumps his "greed" for irrelevant-to-him money. He sees the sad state Barca are in, and if he can help revive the ship while Xavi's still here, well I still wouldn't consider him a saint for it but it would only further his legacy. He needs a compelling challenge and his home Barca is the only place that can give him that.

Last edited:

Messigician

🚨🚨💣| JUST IN: FC Barcelona can only register the contracts of Gavi & Araujo right now! The club must reduce €250M in wages to return to normalcy.
@rac1 [🎖️]

Messigician

🚨 Gerard Piqué: “I'm glad I left because it gave Barça space on the salary scale. But it seems that despite this, there are still financial problems. I wonder who should leave now. They said that we are responsible because of our salaries (Pique, Busquets, Alba). Now, we are all gone & yet they are not able to sign players.”

M3ls

🚨🚨💣| JUST IN: FC Barcelona can only register the contracts of Gavi & Araujo right now! The club must reduce €250M in wages to return to normalcy.
@rac1 [🎖️]
What is this nonsense? We got rid of all the fat contracts, with the exception of the De Jong contract.

And they wrote that we are at the level of 450 million. How much more is required? Disband the entire squad? Why does Bayern have a total payroll of only 250 million if they have more highly paid players than we do. I'm confused.

M3ls

What is this nonsense? We got rid of all the fat contracts, with the exception of the De Jong contract.

And they wrote that we are at the level of 450 million. How much more is required? Disband the entire squad? Why does Bayern have a total payroll of only 250 million if they have more highly paid players than we do. I'm confused.
Can anyone explain?

They have Sane, Mane, Gnabry, Coman, Kimmich, Neuer, Muller, Hernandez get a lot of money. How so?

Messigician

❗️Barça have had La Liga's approval for over a month regarding Messi's signing, and Messi's entourage knows it. Barça sent the official offer to Messi 10 days ago, but Leo Messi doesn't really want a Barca return.

— @marccrosas

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Can anyone explain?

They have Sane, Mane, Gnabry, Coman, Kimmich, Neuer, Muller, Hernandez get a lot of money. How so?

Is Bayern's wage mass really just 250m? If so, perhaps they have an average wage of 15m gross or so a year for their players, a few are higher but the majority of them are less than that amount, I'd guess.

Home of Barca Fans