Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

CatalinR10

CR played for how many years so far ? Like 22 ?

Don't know the status of Al Nassr but he played all his life for the top club in each league he went , United , Real Madrid , Juventus.

Imagine playing +20 years for the best teams and you have only 7 league titles to show for.

League wise Messi > CR and it's not even close.

As time passes by , people will put more and more appreciation to the 10 leagues he won vs that satanic RM club.

Messi Copa >>>>> CR Euro and it's not even close again.

Euro so hard that Portugal finished 3rd behind Hungary and Iceland and they still managed to advance past the group , fucking LMAO.

Then they played vs Poland ( 27th Fifa ranked before the Euros ) and Wales ( 26th Fifa ranked before the Euros ) , drawing vs both , and then France in the final ( which wasn't the France they are today , quite far from it ) , where CR was out early and they still won without him.

Best player , Griezmann

Top scorer , Griezmann

Top assist , Ramsey tied with Hazard.

CR scored in 2 games only , vs Hungary and Wales and also had 2 assists.

If I am not mistaken he had 3 dribbles all tournament , LMAO .

Sure , you can say that overall the Euros are harder to win than Copa America but context matters , and it matters in what way you won it.

Compare CR run in the Euros and the teams he had to fight with Messi's Copa win - best player , top scorer , top assists , most chances created , 2nd most dribbles ( 1 behind Neymar ) .

If you somehow think that CR's path to a Euro win or perfomance in that Euro , is better than Messi's performance and Copa win , you are either the most biased CR fan or simply dumb as fuck .

Fati_Future_BallonDor

CR played for how many years so far ? Like 22 ?

Don't know the status of Al Nassr but he played all his life for the top club in each league he went , United , Real Madrid , Juventus.

Imagine playing +20 years for the best teams and you have only 7 league titles to show for.

League wise Messi > CR and it's not even close.

As time passes by , people will put more and more appreciation to the 10 leagues he won vs that satanic RM club.

Messi Copa >>>>> CR Euro and it's not even close again.

Euro so hard that Portugal finished 3rd behind Hungary and Iceland and they still managed to advance past the group , fucking LMAO.

Then they played vs Poland ( 27th Fifa ranked before the Euros ) and Wales ( 26th Fifa ranked before the Euros ) , drawing vs both , and then France in the final ( which wasn't the France they are today , quite far from it ) , where CR was out early and they still won without him.

Best player , Griezmann

Top scorer , Griezmann

Top assist , Ramsey tied with Hazard.

CR scored in 2 games only , vs Hungary and Wales and also had 2 assists.

If I am not mistaken he had 3 dribbles all tournament , LMAO .

Sure , you can say that overall the Euros are harder to win than Copa America but context matters , and it matters in what way you won it.

Compare CR run in the Euros and the teams he had to fight with Messi's Copa win - best player , top scorer , top assists , most chances created , 2nd most dribbles ( 1 behind Neymar ) .

If you somehow think that CR's path to a Euro win or perfomance in that Euro , is better than Messi's performance and Copa win , you are either the most biased CR fan or simply dumb as fuck .

what's up cata dude you're on fire today!

with league we have already agreed even though we have to say Ronaldo wasnt interested in league as much as in cl, the one time when he said 'yeah i have decided to win the league this season' he won it in 2017 - guy is on another level :lol: but yeah i agree Messi was better in league

first of all you regarding the teams do you want to say me it's more difficult to beat Ecuador or Bolivia than Croatia/Wales?? That Wales would have been top3 team in Copa!

We shouldnt forget Cristiano was injured! Injurednaldo still managed to become the top scorer of the team and scored in a semi final one of the best headers we'ver ever seen.

and then the final against France in France! That 2016 France was extremely strong, just without Mbappi. Ronaldo developed to the first coach in history of football who lead his team to the first int. trophy in portugese history !!!!!!!!!!!

we wont have the same opinion dude, so just let end it here, peace.

KingLeo10

We shouldnt forget Cristiano was injured! Injurednaldo still managed to become the top scorer of the team and scored in a semi final one of the best headers we'ver ever seen.

and then the final against France in France! That 2016 France was extremely strong, just without Mbappi. Ronaldo developed to the first coach in history of football who lead his team to the first int. trophy in portugese history !!!!!!!!!!!

we wont have the same opinion dude, so just let end it here, peace.

:lol: :lol:

If you open up the definition of 'shameless' in the dictionary, this is it

Djoker

League-wise and internationally, there isn't even much to debate. Messi is superior statistically and in terms of accomplishments.

However I don't even think CR being better than Messi in the CL is a given at all. Sure he's scored more goals but Messi is a much better all-around player. Messi's best performances like 2011 vs. Real and 2015 vs. Bayern are also a cut above Ronaldo's to me. If you want to give CR an edge based on the CL resume, sure but in terms of the better player in the CL in their primes, I'd go with Messi pretty comfortably because outside of scoring goals he's a far superior player.

CatalinR10

Goated warmup kit

GPtNXkrXYAAG5I-

Messigician

It’s easy to meme in CR7 these days
But football is really fine margins

If Ronaldo never left Real Madrid for more money and Messi lost the penalty shootout against Colombia for the Copa and the shootout against Netherlands the narrative is completely flipped

Messi wouldn’t even be in most people’s top 3

Andresito

Staff member
Pointless discussion really. The only people keeping this debate alive are the true Ronaldo fanboys, and I'm not only talking about this forum. There is no debate anymore, majority of neutral experts, journos, (+ex)coaches, (+ex)players knows it's already settled. Here Fati. Tell me how many players choose Ronaldo that are not Portuguese or ex-teammates. Most of these are before Messi's World Cup btw, probably also even before his Copa. Imagine asking that today.

It’s easy to meme in CR7 these days
But football is really fine margins

If Ronaldo never left Real Madrid for more money and Messi lost the penalty shootout against Colombia for the Copa and the shootout against Netherlands the narrative is completely flipped

Messi wouldn’t even be in most people’s top 3
If Higuain had scored some goals it would be different as well. Can flip it both ways.

Likes of Maradona and Neymar also never won Copa.

Messigician

Pointless discussion really. The only people keeping this debate alive are the true Ronaldo fanboys, and I'm not only talking about this forum. There is no debate anymore, majority of neutral experts, journos, (+ex)coaches, (+ex)players knows it's already settled. Here Fati. Tell me how many players choose Ronaldo that are not Portuguese or ex-teammates.

If Higuain had scored some goals it would be different as well. Can flip it both ways.
I am less talking about moments like higuain missing sitters or the Martinez last minute save for Argentina but more penalty shootouts which are legit 50/50 luck of the draw ( with some skill of course)

Temptation

Funny how his acolytes always scapegoat Higuain when Messi himself bottled a 1 on 1 in the 2014 final.

Tells you everything you need to know about these dishonest fanboys. :lol:

Didn't score a single goal in the 2014 knockout stages and was awarded a consolation award when James was the best player in that World Cup BY A COUNTRYMILE. Robben and Muller were arguably better too.

Home of Barca Fans