Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

No secret that since Messi moved to PSG, if there is a PSG game at the same time as a Barca one, the match chat here will be barren and have almost nobody in it.

But hey, you can't blame people. Most Barca fans, especially the younger ones, were drawn to the club by that golden era with Messi and the fantastic football we played so identify very strongly with him obv.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
People were praying for current Barca player Dembele to fail and loved it when he conceded a pen and got egg in his face with the early substitution. They loved laughing at the poor guy's humiliation when the whole world was watching with zero empathy for one of their star attackers who plays for the badge.

People were literally loving that Di Maria, a former Real Madrid star was running rings around current Barca defender Jules Kounde.

Predictable as sunrise. :lol:

I don't think people here were having a great time enjoying Dembele or Kounde being poor, or if they wanted to them to be poor at all. It is just they were playing for France, not for Barca, right? So no big deal at all if they failed. I understand the logic of yours (held by apparently many), however by your logic, one should always root for whichever team that has players from your own club, and if you have two teams with players from your club, one should always root for the team which has the most number of your players, is that so? Sport is not a rational thing, my friend.

Nothing wrong with loving Di Maria too, despite the fact that he was a Madrid player in the past. I for one really like him. I like Raul too, so blasphemy on my part? Do you tell yourself if certain players played for United, Everton etc., you must not like that player?

KingLeo10

It's kind of crazy that he cemented his legacy as the GOAT in the greatest WC final of all time :lol:

I thought the 2009 CL final (vs that strong Man United side) and even the 2015 CL final was a huge spectacle, but an underdog Argentina taking the game to a stacked French team, who were already world champions and have the best attacker in the world right now (Mbappe), was just INSANE.

Messi used all of his will and guile for this one. Muhammad Ali v George Foreman stuff.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No Luft
I 100% agree there shouldn;t be any restriction for any non Barca fan to be a member here
but there is a problem if this is a Messi forum and not a Barca forum

This is a Barca forum first and foremost. Most people come to this forum for Barca-related topics, not Messi-related topics, fact. On this Barca forum you have threads like this one that is dedicated to Messi and other individual players. We just had a WC and a former Barca player, a Barca legend just won the WC. So naturally people talk about it. Perhaps you want to steer clear of this thread.

bismp

Of course the greatest Barca legend BY far will be a topic of discussion, especially after winning the freaking WC :lol:

fergus90

No secret that since Messi moved to PSG, if there is a PSG game at the same time as a Barca one, the match chat here will be barren and have almost nobody in it.

But hey, you can't blame people. Most Barca fans, especially the younger ones, were drawn to the club by that golden era with Messi and the fantastic football we played so identify very strongly with him obv.

I think a lot of fans that support or follow a club that isn't their local side are always initially drawn to one player, some come to love the club after they leave and others don't.

I first started following them after watching the Newcastle Barca cl game on ITV and was drawn to Rivaldo. Mainly because Brazilian superstars seemed like aliens back then :lol:

JamDav1982

People were praying for current Barca player Dembele to fail and loved it when he conceded a pen and got egg in his face with the early substitution. They loved laughing at the poor guy's humiliation when the whole world was watching with zero empathy for one of their star attackers who plays for the badge.

People were literally loving that Di Maria, a former Real Madrid star was running rings around current Barca defender Jules Kounde.

Predictable as sunrise. :lol:

Aye folk wanted Messi to win the World Cup.

Top stuff finally realising that one.

Numpty.

Barcilliant

Cemented his legacy as greatest ever, no doubt.
However if I had to choose between Messi winning the world cup and Barca winning the CL I would go for the latter.
Crazy how kids nowadays idolise a certain player. Cult of personality,I guess.
My friends son is a Ronaldo fan. Started off supporting Utd,than Madrid,Juve and back to Utd. No loyalty to any club, just the player. Lol.

Birdy

This is a Barca forum first and foremost. Most people come to this forum for Barca-related topics, not Messi-related topics, fact. On this Barca forum you have threads like this one that is dedicated to Messi and other individual players. We just had a WC and a former Barca player, a Barca legend just won the WC. So naturally people talk about it. Perhaps you want to steer clear of this thread.

It wouldn't have been a problem if it was contained only in this thread.
But there are no topic-related threads since I don't know when, everyone talks about everything on whichever thread they want

And the problem is having a Barca forum where 10% of the activity (all threads) is Barca related and 90% of the activity (all threads) is Messi related.
Let's not talk about the content of the Messi-related activity, because it's really low-level

PS: About your other reply
I think you are wrong. About Kounde maybe not, but about Dembele there is a good core of haters who enjoy abusing him and want him to fail on every occassion.
Their level of sickness towards him is other-worldly

Birdy

Cemented his legacy as greatest ever, no doubt.
However if I had to choose between Messi winning the world cup and Barca winning the CL I would go for the latter.
Crazy how kids nowadays idolise a certain player. Cult of personality,I guess.
My friends son is a Ronaldo fan. Started off supporting Utd,than Madrid,Juve and back to Utd. No loyalty to any club, just the player. Lol.

This is the trend nowadays
And it is exemplified in all these 'Barca fans' here who suddenly became PSG fans because of Messi,
and are writing tons of posts after posts where they make out a collective sport to be an individual one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans