Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

[tw]1604970543455031296[/tw]

https://twitter.com/AlbicelesteTalk/status/1604970543455031296

Just warms my heart dawgs, this is like the last chapter of an arc that has been hinted at for years

I'm starting to believe that them winning it for Messi was a bigger motivation than what Messi actually did for them this tournament on the pitch. Don't think I've seen anything like this in football before.

France would have easily won the match in normal time, if they would have been this motivated to play for Mbappe, for example.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm starting to believe that them winning it for Messi was a bigger motivation than what Messi actually did for them this tournament on the pitch. Don't think I've seen anything like this in football before.

France would have easily won the match in normal time, if they would have been this motivated to play for Mbappe, for example.

Their squad is really young apart from the few vets who have been there through all the losses like Messi, Di Maria and Otamendi. They grew up watching him and idolizing him, and Messi himself has really grown into his leadership role too making them all very comfortable around him. I mean just listen to how someone like Mac Allister talks about him and his integration to the NT as he himself is really shy.

Then you have guys like Dibu Martinez and De Paul and everything they have said about Messi too.

It's no surprise they're willing to go to war for him.

Honestly Scaloni deserves a TONNE of credit too for the culture he has cultivated and for how he has rebuilt the Argentine National Team after Sampaoli's toxicity and AFAs incompetence destroyed that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans