Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowy

This is the trend nowadays
And it is exemplified in all these 'Barca fans' here who suddenly became PSG fans because of Messi,
and are writing tons of posts after posts where they make out a collective sport to be an individual one

yeah but dude, think about it. Whenever Argies lost, Messi was getting eviscerated by the media so it balances out.

also, this was a huge win and not just for Cules. Google CEO even said Leo broke the internet lol

about Bouze, it wasn't even a mistake. First, he's no RB and 2nd, even top CBs get caught fouling. It was the lightest of touches and Di Angelito Maria played it to a T

iniestaGOAT

This is a Barca forum first and foremost. Most people come to this forum for Barca-related topics, not Messi-related topics, fact. On this Barca forum you have threads like this one that is dedicated to Messi and other individual players. We just had a WC and a former Barca player, a Barca legend just won the WC. So naturally people talk about it. Perhaps you want to steer clear of this thread.

Chill. Messi winning the world cup is like Barca winning the cup. This is our second world cup.

First one was when Spain won it.

iniestaGOAT

Cemented his legacy as greatest ever, no doubt.
However if I had to choose between Messi winning the world cup and Barca winning the CL I would go for the latter.
Crazy how kids nowadays idolise a certain player. Cult of personality,I guess.
My friends son is a Ronaldo fan. Started off supporting Utd,than Madrid,Juve and back to Utd. No loyalty to any club, just the player. Lol.

You are definitely not a Barca fan. Undercover Madrid fan here to talk shit about club legends like xavi, pique, Messi and busquets for sure.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It wouldn't have been a problem if it was contained only in this thread.
But there are no topic-related threads since I don't know when, everyone talks about everything on whichever thread they want

And the problem is having a Barca forum where 10% of the activity (all threads) is Barca related and 90% of the activity (all threads) is Messi related.
Let's not talk about the content of the Messi-related activity, because it's really low-level

PS: About your other reply
I think you are wrong. About Kounde maybe not, but about Dembele there is a good core of haters who enjoy abusing him and want him to fail on every occassion.
Their level of sickness towards him is other-worldly

Nah, 90-10 is hugely exaggerated, perhaps in the last couple of days leading up to the World Cup final and since Argentina has won it, it has been more 90% Messi-related and 10% everything else (not even Barca-related, more like Mbappe and other players and misc etc.), but that is not the norm here. When there is no national team breaks or NT tournaments like the WC, Euro, Copa America etc., this forum is almost 75% Barca-related content-wise, the other 25% being everything else (non-Barca players, other clubs and leagues etc.), I felt. Only when we are not playing, topics and content tend to shift to other things. Even during this WC, it hadn't been 90% Messi, rather 90% World Cup (talking about all different teams playing etc.) and understandably so, until the last couple of days.

With regard to Dembele, perhaps you are right, many people don't like him here but I doubt many want him to fail especially when he is playing for us. Vitriol towards many players can be found here, including some former Barca players such as Griezmann. It is the nature of internet forums, take it easy, there are always people who vehemently like somebody and vehemently dislike somebody.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wait.

Is he mad about this forum being 90% about the World Cup and Argentina and Messi after Spain and Croatia went out?

Let me say it again. He is mad 90% of the posts during a freaking WORLD CUP is about the World Cup and not Barcelona? There's barely any Barcelona news. There have not been Barca related news that is relevant for most of the damn WC :lol:

As for [MENTION=1838]Barcilliant[/MENTION] then god knows what this guy is on about. He's making up scenarios in his head and whenever people even talk about the club, the players, or anything club related this guy is so miserable and negative.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
However if I had to choose between Messi winning the world cup and Barca winning the CL I would go for the latter.

Same here, 100%.

While I am feeling really happy for Messi (and getting upset at those who discredited him, especially from non-Barca fans), I felt a bit a sourness and bitterness that he has now left us and has nothing to do with us, and specifically thinking about the state of this club and our trophy prospect. Only us winning the CL again will bring me euphoria and true happiness, I suppose.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
To [MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION]

FkYsYh5XEAM1IIS

KingLeo10

Player loyalty isn't inherently bad, within reason.

I have no problems if the GOAT, and all time greats like Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, R10 etc., all of whom gave far more to making this club what it is today, are deified on this forum and wished well in their other endeavors that aren't related directly to Barca (provided they're not directly competing with Barca...say PSG v Barca in CL)

Loyalty has to be earned and many of these bums we have currently (Ferran, Eric Garcia) who get destroyed at the slightest sign of tough competition have done nothing to warrant blind loyalty. Yes, I will support them because they play for Barca right now, but loyal to them? Nah, gotta earn it with some trophies and big performances.

Iniesta Ultra

This is the trend nowadays
And it is exemplified in all these 'Barca fans' here who suddenly became PSG fans because of Messi,
and are writing tons of posts after posts where they make out a collective sport to be an individual one

I shouldn't have waited this long but I'll be watching every PSG match now. Not sure if I can stomach Xavi's skullduggery past EL exit.

wisconsincule

So many miserable people in this thread/on this forum. Legit feel bad for some of you.

At any rate. I am so happy for Messi. A match for the ages and Argentina came out on top. Good stuff.

KingLeo10

FkV28_DXkAAf5MM

OG and his clan of trolls called the guy with sort of trophy cabinet a loser...while being internet warriors who are barely scraping by in their lives most likely.

Just Lmao.

vegitot

It wouldn't have been a problem if it was contained only in this thread.
But there are no topic-related threads since I don't know when, everyone talks about everything on whichever thread they want

And the problem is having a Barca forum where 10% of the activity (all threads) is Barca related and 90% of the activity (all threads) is Messi related.
Let's not talk about the content of the Messi-related activity, because it's really low-level

PS: About your other reply
I think you are wrong. About Kounde maybe not, but about Dembele there is a good core of haters who enjoy abusing him and want him to fail on every occassion.
Their level of sickness towards him is other-worldly

Tell your Dumbele to be the greatest footballer ever then he would have that admiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans