Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

if one player lowering or defering his salary made such a difference, then 4 or 5 players doing the same would have been more then enough to resign Messi

It isn't one player at all.
1-Emerson registered as an already Barca player coming from loan.
2-We sold Todibo for 8.5M, sold Firpo for 15M, Alena for 5M, Trincao loaned for 6M and saved all their salaries in addition to ssme add-ons of other players.

3-We lowered Pique's contract.

Without number 3, we were few millions away from registering all 3, but we could have registered 2 of them at least.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don’t know the numbers obviously, but I think renewing and registering Messi probably wouldn’t fly by just lowering a few players’ wages, it most likely would take getting rid of quite a few high earners altogether, which we couldn’t do.

My guess.

serghei

I don’t know the numbers obviously, but I think renewing and registering Messi probably wouldn’t fly by just lowering a few players’ wages, it mostly would take getting rid of quite a few high earners altogether, which we couldn’t do.

My guess.

That's obvious man. If Depay had a 60m a year contract it would have been impossible to register him.

That's like comparing Jupiter with Pluto and saying they are the same because both are planets.

Kul_z

Shows you how much I care about his move to PSG.

As I said, I'll probably check out a couple of his games this season, but I won't give a crap for most of it.

Id watch them in champions league only. Hes got a oportunity now of stat padding and maybe get closer to cr7 in all time goal tally.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Shows you how much I care about his move to PSG.

As I said, I'll probably check out a couple of his games this season, but I won't give a crap for most of it.

i will watch them in ligue when they will play against ''bigger'' teams like lyon or lille but not like two guys here who will watch them over barca matches. The most of the matches will probably end 4/5/6/-0 for PSG.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Laporta from most sources seemed to known Messi was never possible to register no matter what they tried, but failed to communicate it to them until the day they planned to sign the contract extension. Not exactly great is it?

It's a valid point of criticism.

He's always been a master at stuff like this, but for whatever reason failed big time here. Perhaps he was waiting for a miracle that never arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans