Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Replica = fan version
Authentic = player

Right?

Correct. I think in Europe some refer to the replica version as the "stadium shirt" or something.

Authentic version is exactly like what the players wear (with the exception of wash tags and sizes for Adidas jerseys), with lighter and more breathable fabric and materials, often with patterns and details not found on the replica version.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
But the authentic one is the one that is less durable right? Since it is thinner and what players play in.

I wouldn't say they are less durable, thinner and lighter yes but still very durable. If they can sustain most of the pulls and drags during a typical game, they can definitely sustain casual and daily wear.

Wambo

Correct. I think in Europe some refer to the replica version as the "stadium shirt" or something.

Authentic version is exactly like what the players wear (with the exception of wash tags and sizes for Adidas jerseys), with lighter and more breathable fabric and materials, often with patterns and details not found on the replica version.

I remember comparing United's jersey last year, iirc the player's version had the Adidas and club logo glued on, while the replica had both logos stitched. And the whole jersey had a different texture to it. I wonder if it the same for all Adidas shirts.

Edit: here it is

man-utd-21-22-kits (1).jpg

soul24rage

Very much this. It's very subtle but the authentic version has these stripes (maybe they're wording? can't really tell) that elevates the design of the jersey and kinda cheapens the look of the replica.

SSS10794_1-1.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Isn't the design more slim fitting? I don't have the body of a WC winner professional football player :lol:

In general, yes, authentic jerseys are more slim fit, however it all depends on the cut and the versions these manufacturers make. For example in the past I have had to order a size XL of our authentic jerseys (I wear a size Large for replica), however in the past two years or so I found that size L authentic Barca jerseys fit me just fine, especially the 21/22 Barca jersey. I discovered it was also the case with the Adidas authentic jerseys released in 2022.

If you are not sure, I'd suggest, if possible, go to a local store to try on the sizes of similar jerseys by the same manufacturer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I remember comparing United's jersey last year, iirc the player's version had the Adidas and club logo glued on, while the replica had both logos stitched. And the whole jersey had a different texture to it. I wonder if it the same for all Adidas shirts.

Edit: here it is

View attachment 9608

Pretty much for all manufacturers, not just Adidas, authentic jerseys feature a heat-pressed logo whereas replica jerseys feature a stitched-on and embroidered logo. For Adidas jerseys, for a long time the authentic version features the three stripes being heat-pressed or printed on while the replica versions has the three stripes sewn on. There are apparently exceptions though, for example the 2022 Japan authentic jerseys have the three strips sewn on, I don't know if that is also the case with the Argentina jerseys too.

If you look at our Barca 21/22 authentic jerseys for example, the details are just amazing. I bet once you have seen it and have it in hand, you will never entertain the idea of buying a replica jersey again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans