Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul24rage

With CR7 now all but certain to go to Saudi Arabia, this made me realize that we don't have much time left with Messi playing at the highest level of football.

I do think that June 2024 is when he will call it quits in Europe and just thinking that we potentially only have 1.5 years left is disheartening.

Who knows when we will ever see a player like him, let alone in a Barca jersey.

While he is still playing in the last chapter of his incredible career, I'm going to try to watch every game of his when I can and cherish him while he is still competing at the highest level.

KingLeo10

He'll play till summer 2024 in Europe and for Argentina.

Then 2-3 years of MLS till he's 40. I'm very keen to seen him in MLS

Temptation

With CR7 now all but certain to go to Saudi Arabia, this made me realize that we don't have much time left with Messi playing at the highest level of football.

I do think that June 2024 is when he will call it quits in Europe and just thinking that we potentially only have 1.5 years left is disheartening.

Who knows when we will ever see a player like him, let alone in a Barca jersey.

While he is still playing in the last chapter of his incredible career, I'm going to try to watch every game of his when I can and cherish him while he is still competing at the highest level.

Fair enough. Hope you don't fall in love with PSG though. Even temporarily. You have to resist that temptation. ;)

Windhook

Leo is different player than we used to see him in 2010's, not to mention the crazy dribbling kid of the 00's. He's the greatest playmaker now. Overtaking Cristiano's CL goal tally seems unlikely, he's 16 goals behind.

Kinda reminds me of Romania & Galatasaray's Gheorghe Hagi in 2000-01. 35-36 years of age, did whatever he wanted on the pitch, but didn't have the speed. Still managed to score some mindblowing goals and carry his teams.

Last edited:

Temptation

This Messi is way more boring to watch than the young Messi.

That version had acceleration and magic that got you on the edge of the seat.

This one is more about tidy passes and shit but doesn't have that wow factor. Not exciting to watch.

KingLeo10

CR7 is 12 goals ahead of Messi in CL. I think it's a reachable number in 1.5 seasons, but I doubt Messi cares/ is motivated by that after the WC win lol

Temptation

Let's hope he becomes the first MLS player to win the Ballon D'or for the 2024 edition :mou:

You American Messi fans should get together and go for an MLS game together in that case. Will be dope.

I'm in America(NYC generally) a lot too but never been to an MLS game since the Orlando game I watched for my favourite player of all time.

gregorrin10

Even though I hate PSG and all it stands for, I'm really hoping they win the CL this season. They'll probably win it sooner than later, might as well win it the first time while Messi is there to tie basically the only record Cristiano still has over him, while hopefully also overtaking him in the all time CL top scorers list. Time to stat pad the shit out of next season's CL group stage, if he's staying at PSG for one more season. :p Although I do think he'll reduce the 12 goal deficit at least by a third this season already, especially if PSG make it to the semifinals at least, which I think they will.

FinBarcelonafan

CR7 is 12 goals ahead of Messi in CL. I think it's a reachable number in 1.5 seasons, but I doubt Messi cares/ is motivated by that after the WC win lol

Exactly. Right now Messi can just enjoy. If he wins anything else it will be extra cherry on top. He has no stress now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans