Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

At least Neymar was left shadow by young Messi. Imagine Mbappe leaving in 35 years old Messi shadow.

This generation isn't that good.

Everyone in football right now lives in the shadow of the GOAT

CR7, Neymar, Mbappe, all of them

They simply don't have the team and individual accolades to be remotely near him

BarcaOG

Banned
Everyone in football right now lives in the shadow of the GOAT

CR7, Neymar, Mbappe, all of them

They simply don't have the team and individual accolades to be remotely near him

cr casts his own shadow. he doesnt have to prove anything

neymar and mbappe wish they were even on cr's level

but its hilarious that 220m neymar and 'mayor of paris' mbappe are in old, psg-is-my-retirement-club messi's shadow

KingLeo10

Sorry, but Messi has superior individual AND team accolades than CR7. CR7 is in Messi's shadow. As proven by him giving up and running to the Saudi league after no European club would touch him.

FkRjfyiVUAEZo9S

BarcaOG

Banned
no, hes not in messis shadow. he is a 5 time ballon dor winner, 5 time CL winner, endless records, Euro and Nations league winner

he is doing just fine. his career is by any standard glorious

BarcaOG

Banned
At least Neymar was left shadow by young Messi. Imagine Mbappe leaving in 35 years old Messi shadow.

This generation isn't that good.

100%

i dont rate mbappe any higher than Henry and Etoo, who were proper elites, but because everyone else is so meh he stands out and people have the nerve to say he is next in line to messi and CR

ridiculous

Windhook

Mbappe by many is considered the best in his generation right now. I see a lot of similarities with Thierry Henry with the speed and style of play, but Mbappe has a lot of work ahead to reach that level.

Henry was fantastic player, but he was never the best in his generation of the 00's. Top 10 definitely. That's speaks a lot for the current generation.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Haaland might come close to Mbappe goals scored-wise, but he doesn't have the same dribbling and playmaking skills that would allow him to create chances on his own. Mbappe could get 2-3 Bdors in a row because I don't see the likes of Felix, Vinicius, Leao or Foden reaching his level. Musiala, Saka are younger and would need time to catch up.

Messigician

I am opposite of Messi

But even I am sick of laporta brown nosing him 24/7

Did you cry when Messi won the World Cup?

Laporta: "Yes,

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I am opposite of Messi

But even I am sick of laporta brown nosing him 24/7

Did you cry when Messi won the World Cup?

Laporta: "Yes,

Laporta is so desperate to repair his relationship with Messi that he probably makes it worse every time he opens his fat mouth.

Total-Football

Was checking his distance covered stats in this world cup and the numbers are really suggestive (focused in games that ended in 90 minutes). He ran at least 8 km and at one game 8.5 km!! At barca (post 2014) he used to run 7 km sharp or at most 7.5, at his worse he ran less than 7!! This reflects how motivation is important in sport. In crucial champions league games where he seemed to be walking he really was. Messi is one moody player. At 35 doing physical performanecs he wasn't doing at 28 29.

fergus90

Motivation perhaps, but Messi on the ball was still scoring and creating so many chances for teammates in those important games.

The problem at Barca is that we also had Suarez whose workrate off the ball had vanished in the later years plus too many players past their psychical peak. Modern day football just doesn't allow for that, you will get over run at some point.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Argentina and even PSG with Mbappe have quick players who make runs off the ball and help get Messi involved.

At Barca he didn't have that with Suarez being slow as fuck and Dembele always injured and when fit was always someone who was clueless off the ball, but gotten a bit better at it lately.

Instead of signing players like that or actual wingers the board kept signing players who were terrible fit with him.

KingLeo10

Argentina is a well oiled machine and Messi is their conductor.

France is the most talented NT (by a good margin) but Argentina is the best because of their cohesiveness and team spirit.

BarcaOG

Banned
Haaland might come close to Mbappe goals scored-wise, but he doesn't have the same dribbling and playmaking skills that would allow him to create chances on his own. Mbappe could get 2-3 Bdors in a row because I don't see the likes of Felix, Vinicius, Leao or Foden reaching his level. Musiala, Saka are younger and would need time to catch up.

disagree a bit. i dont think theres much to mbappe other than his pace (which is insane) and his finishing (which is very good but not as good as haaland)

this is pure speculation but i think mbappe will decline dramatically once he loses his speed. i dont know if he can adapt the war CR did to CF. in this sense haaland's longevity is potentially greater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans