Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

If Mbappe wins a Euro and at least 2 CL as the main man, he will probably go down as the slightly greater player compared to CR7, or be on relatively equal footing.

Good chances of a Euro win, 2 CL will be challenging though. Teams like the one RM assembled come around very rarely.

BarcaOG

Banned
If Mbappe wins a Euro and at least 2 CL as the main man, he will probably go down as the slightly greater player compared to CR7, or be on relatively equal footing.

Good chances of a Euro win, 2 CL will be challenging though. Teams like the one RM assembled come around very rarely.

lol

ok

soul24rage

Seeing his age and talent, I would be very surprised if Mbappe does not get 1-2 CL.

Then again, the likes of R9 and Buffon have not the CL so the possibility is there.

KingLeo10

Seeing his age and talent, I would be very surprised if Mbappe does not get 1-2 CL.

Then again, the likes of R9 and Buffon have not the CL so the possibility is there.

Honestly, it really depends on if he's part of a super team or not.

Even Bayern have only won CL 2 times in the last 13 years despite being in contention almost every season. Liverpool only 1 time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cristiano said he would retire if he won the World Cup as there was nothing he wanted more in his career than that but sure Messi wishes he had his contract instead :mou:

No wonder CR7 is so delusional when Edu Aguirre is one of his best friends.

Nazario1985

He is miles behind CR7, team achievements are great but individually we can't compare the two.

If France wasn't a super mega team (the best NT in this century) he wouldn't be considered for anything.

He is a huge talent for sure.

Nazario1985

Haaland still needs to prove himself on the biggest stages (CL KOs since it isn't fair to expect too much WC or Euro KO contributions from him, given his NT)

Mbappe is proven at both club and NT level in CL and WC

Haaland is a magnificent striker

But the "goal poacher" trait can't make him pretend for more greatness like Suarez/Henry ... etc.

Playmaking & Solo performance is what makes you above the others

JohnN

I am not sure the trophy cabinet should be the most important indicator for a player's level. For the legacy, it is, because history remembers titles.
But if we actually see Messi and Ronaldo at 24, they are on a different league than Mbapee.
But I do feel without his speed and acceleration (best in the world currently) he will drop many levels. Ronaldo adapted by being a poacher, once his physicality declined, but Mbapee isn't that clinical. Messi adapted by being one of the best in every aspect of the game, so nothing to conclude from that.
One thing is sure, Mbappe does stand out significantly from everyone else in his generation. I am not sure if this is an indicator of his level or the talent available currently. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans