Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

sportman of the year for L'Equipe, look the gap lmao

FlyomeCXEAAgauh

Windhook

Mbappe is too high on that list. Great performance in the final, but Benzema, Verstappen, Steph Curry were way more consistent throughout the year.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I would never vote a cyclist so high either considering half of them are exposed as cheats 5-10 years later.

But it's L'Equipe so you have to expect some bias from them.

Pedro

La Masia
i've got a feeling PSG might win the CL this year, after the world cup it will spur Leo and Mbappe to play even better together, along with Neymar

BarcaOG

Banned
benzema is really hard done by in that list. mbappe had a good world cup, not much else. benzema was a beast all season long for real

--
i remember modric crashed dramatically after the 2018 wc. the year after that he was basically useless. but he managed to regain his level and for the past 2 years he has been top notch. messi will prob likewise drop off a little but hopefully he can bounce back for the CL kos, esp against bayern

at least he wont feel pressured to carry psg to victory every.single.game like he was at barca. even if messis form drops mbappe and neymar should be able to pick up the slack

Liquidskies

i've got a feeling PSG might win the CL this year, after the world cup it will spur Leo and Mbappe to play even better together, along with Neymar
They have a chance but its a small one. Their midfield is bang average. Soler, Vitinha, Ruiz, Sanchez etc. + Ramos is way past it.

raskolnikov

Mbappe is too high on that list. Great performance in the final, but Benzema, Verstappen, Steph Curry were way more consistent throughout the year.

He basically jumps to number 2 for being invisible in the final for 80 minutes, 2 penalties and a great goal.
How is that better than Benzema's whole year.

Apart from recency bias they cant pretend he carried France either. He was important but it wasnt just him. He was invisible after the poland game till that penalty in the final.

I recently heard people say he guided them to a world cup win in 2018.
He basically did as well as Dinho in 2002 or Julian Alvarez this tournament.
Which is very good but not the maradona type performance they make it out to be.

Messi didnt do it alone either. Martinez, Di Maria, Alvarez, enzo and Mcallister all were great and did their part.

raskolnikov

They have a chance but its a small one. Their midfield is bang average. Soler, Vitinha, Ruiz, Sanchez etc. + Ramos is way past it.

I like vitinha, think him and Verrati do well together.
Just need a third great kevin de Bruyne type midfielder and their midfield is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans