Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

I mean - after THAT world cup glory (not only that he won, but how he won it at 35), it's probably hard for him to be fired up for a Coupe De France game.

He'll give more effort v Bayern, but the level of PSG isn't at the point where he can make the difference (at 35) versus a top CL side. If he had the teammates (especially midfield) who compliment him as he does at Argentina, then definitely.

Club pays bis wages not national team

feggydinho

I mean - after THAT world cup glory (not only that he won, but how he won it at 35), it's probably hard for him to be fired up for a Coupe De France game.

He'll give more effort v Bayern, but the level of PSG isn't at the point where he can make the difference (at 35) versus a top CL side. If he had the teammates (especially midfield) who compliment him as he does at Argentina, then definitely.

It's obvious though that he considers his PSG stint as a retirement home/training stint for his Argentina career :lol:

PSG needs to be looking at life after Messi very soon, in fact, I don't think renewing him would do them much good cause he doesn't seem interested recently when playing for them (probably since he has won it all).
Or maybe I'm just overreacting after their last game, cause he was really poor yesterday

Porque

I think for all the lip service of Laporta and Messi sides, that Messi won't be coming back.

Technically, Messi has been long enough that he could fit into the team with a fresh salary under the cap.

But do the Messi's really seem the types to settle for a low salary just to return to his boyhood club?

And quite frankly why should they accept more than he can earn elsewhere?

For what? Us the fans? Who will put the nail in the back if he starts to walk every game, regresses or we return to Messidepencia.

Birdy

It's obvious though that he considers his PSG stint as a retirement home/training stint for his Argentina career :lol:

His fanboys already preemptively creating the space of excuses for the upcoming games vs Bayern

It must be that Seghei's argumentative tactics in here have become the norm

KingLeo10

His fanboys already preemptively creating the space of excuses for the upcoming games vs Bayern

It must be that Seghei's argumentative tactics in here have become the norm

:lol: :lol: Imagine being a rabid hater to the point of holding Messi's feet to the fire after he led his team to WC win at the age of 35 in that same season (something you predicted Argentina and Messi had NO CHANCE of doing)

Pipe down, Furby :lol:

Birdy

:lol: :lol: Imagine being a rabid hater to the point of holding Messi's feet to the fire after he led his team to WC win at the age of 35 in that same season (something you predicted Argentina and Messi had NO CHANCE of doing)

Pipe down, Furby :lol:

Standard inversion of reality from the clown master

I am 'holding Messi's feet to fire", while he is preemptively throwing a bunch of Serghei-ish lame excuses here and there for what's coming

Birdy

Messi could take a dump on the field vs Bayern and it wouldn't mean shit for his legacy :lol:

Legacy is not the issue here. Nor I belong among those who think CL is the highest prize that proves something more.

The issue is different: it's the argument that his fanboys are trying to push the last 2 years - and even more ferociously now after their 'vindication' in the WC - that current granny Messi is still elite

Example par excellence of the mental gymnastics put forward towards that goal is seen above in KL's (prime fanboy) post: Problem is his PSG teammates, if he had teammates like in Argentina he could win CL this season. Of course, if you are older than 10 yrs old you know that club level is different from NT level, but our fanboy purposefully omitted that from his point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans