Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

Messi looking for those guarantees of a competitive project again?

Maybe a box for Suarez and appearing in a Shakira video too?

MagIX

I think he's mostly likely going to renew with PSG.

Mostly due to wanting to stay in Europe for at least one more year and Barca still having trouble registering players.

he's 36, he's won everything, he's a family, rich, nothing wrong with retiring, in my opinion it's the best timing.
But I understand that he still wants to play with Argentina as world champion.
I don't like freak shows in Saudi Arabian or USA. Better ending the career in Argentina.

Liquidskies

None of the midfielders Psg started with would start in any top European team. They hardly provided any support for Mbappe and Messi. And Messi has set the bar too high and people expects him to dribble past everyone and score.

Off course he has declined but Messi can still provide world class assists and occasionally score some top notch goals. He just need some class players around him. Like Bayern has. Not Vitinha, Ruiz, Soler etc.

malvolio

Waiting for Birdy to provide us with an analysis that Messi is finished at 50 years old.

This cretin has been hoping Messi is finished since the GOAT was 25.

JohnN

Mbapee is at the peak of his powers, an astonishing player and did absolutely nothing. Would be astronomically delusional to expect Messi to be the difference maker, in a game verrati decided to gift the match our of nothing.
Goat goated for all his career and nothing will change that at 36.
PSG project failed and deservedly so, which is great news. They will never make it even by spending billions as long as truly great teams are around to spank them.

Messigician

Serious shots

Thomas M?ller: "Against Messi, things always go well at all levels in terms of results. Cristiano Ronaldo was our problem when he was at Real Madrid."

xxxxxx

I don't even think Messi was that bad. At least he was coming short for the ball and trying to make runs. He created 2 chances from corners. I think he also got rated PSG's highest-rated player yesterday.... but apparently, he's the one who's getting bashed by those plastic fans.

The problem is, PSG's midfield is complete trash for a supposed top team. I don't think Verratti has played well this season. Donnarumma has made so many mistakes this season. Their coach isn't very good. Surround Messi with a bunch of midfielders who can play quick triangle passes and you'll see Messi win games. And yeah, Messi hasn't won the Champions League in like 8 years.... but that is down to a decent Barcelona team but not that good if we're being honest. His teammates let him down when he carried us in the first leg against Liverpool, and he was our best player in the 2nd leg.

M3ls

Van Gaal wants Messi to be more effective with Barcelona in Europe: "Messi should be wondering how it's possible that it's been so long without winning a Champions League. I like Messi as an individual player. He is the best individual player in the world because his statistics are amazing. I like him! But why hasn't he won the Champions League for five years?".

The former Barcelona manager wasn't done there, however: "As captain, he must ask himself why the team doesn't win in Europe. Bar?a have a wonderful squad. I think Messi is also responsible for what is happening at Barcelona".

"How many Champions Leagues have Barcelona won with who they say is the best player in the world? Look at Neymar at PSG. How many Champions Leagues has he won? I like Neymar and Messi as individual players, not as team players," insisted the 67 year-old.

Van Gaal then gave Bar?a some advice on how they should go about European domination once again: "They have a squad of 30 players and I think Messi should adapt to the team and not the other way around. Guardiola won it all with Barcelona because he had Messi and because he did not let Messi play his way. That's the difference. Messi was adjusted to the Guardiola's plan and not the other way around".

M3ls

None of the midfielders Psg started with would start in any top European team. They hardly provided any support for Mbappe and Messi. And Messi has set the bar too high and people expects him to dribble past everyone and score.

Off course he has declined but Messi can still provide world class assists and occasionally score some top notch goals. He just need some class players around him. Like Bayern has. Not Vitinha, Ruiz, Soler etc.

omg, again this story that midfield can't. There were similar tales when he played in Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans