Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul24rage

Van Gaal wants Messi to be more effective with Barcelona in Europe: "Messi should be wondering how it's possible that it's been so long without winning a Champions League. I like Messi as an individual player. He is the best individual player in the world because his statistics are amazing. I like him! But why hasn't he won the Champions League for five years?".

The former Barcelona manager wasn't done there, however: "As captain, he must ask himself why the team doesn't win in Europe. Bar?a have a wonderful squad. I think Messi is also responsible for what is happening at Barcelona".

"How many Champions Leagues have Barcelona won with who they say is the best player in the world? Look at Neymar at PSG. How many Champions Leagues has he won? I like Neymar and Messi as individual players, not as team players," insisted the 67 year-old.

Van Gaal then gave Bar?a some advice on how they should go about European domination once again: "They have a squad of 30 players and I think Messi should adapt to the team and not the other way around. Guardiola won it all with Barcelona because he had Messi and because he did not let Messi play his way. That's the difference. Messi was adjusted to the Guardiola's plan and not the other way around".

I could see where he is coming from but from a guy who last won the CL in 1995, I don't think he is the best to reference to.

Ironically, the 2 managers who had the greatest success in the CL are the ones who adapted to the individuals rather than the individuals fitting into coach's tactics.

Sailor Mars

Van Gaal then gave Bar?a some advice on how they should go about European domination once again: "They have a squad of 30 players and I think Messi should adapt to the team and not the other way around. Guardiola won it all with Barcelona because he had Messi and because he did not let Messi play his way. That's the difference. Messi was adjusted to the Guardiola's plan and not the other way around".

It did feel like post-Neymar that Messi and Suarez were allowed to play their own way while everyone else had to do the grunt work for them. The pace of play was so slow and it was pretty much giving Messi the ball and having him grind the play to a halt, while he and Suarez tried to do their give and go plays near the opposition box.

But I imagine quite a bit of that was due to terrible recruitment by Barto's board and having teammates that were lacking in quality.

soul24rage

It did feel like post-Neymar that Messi and Suarez were allowed to play their own way while everyone else had to do the grunt work for them. The pace of play was so slow and it was pretty much giving Messi the ball and having him grind the play to a halt, while he and Suarez tried to do their give and go plays near the opposition box.

But I imagine quite a bit of that was due to terrible recruitment by Barto's board and having teammates that were lacking in quality.

True, we recruited badly.

malvolio

Argentina didn't play slow at the WC. You guys are playing into this troll's hands with these shit takes.

Him and Suarez were our only attackers at the time. Griezmann was being given free penalties just to score and get into some kind of form. Dembele was perma injured as per usual.

The reqruitmet was bad and the coaches we had were worse. But even so, the individual quality of midfielders we had at the time was better than what PSG could muster on Wednesday night.

M3ls

Argentina didn't play slow at the WC. You guys are playing into this troll's hands with these shit takes.

Him and Suarez were our only attackers at the time. Griezmann was being given free penalties just to score and get into some kind of form. Dembele was perma injured as per usual.

The reqruitmet was bad and the coaches we had were worse. But even so, the individual quality of midfielders we had at the time was better than what PSG could muster on Wednesday night.

Valverde is a system trainer. His teams have always been at the top in terms of quality and intensity of pressing. Now tell me, dummy, why did Valverde in Barcelona prefer medium-low blocking in defense, and not high defense with intense pressing? Answer me. It's not even about the scheme, tell me why Barcelona Valverde defended with a medium-low block?

M3ls

Do you want me to tell you why, idiot? Because Suarez and Leo were passive without the ball (although Suarez wasn't as passive as Leo).

KingLeo10

Do you want me to tell you why, idiot? Because Suarez and Leo were passive without the ball (although Suarez wasn't as passive as Leo).

You would have a better case at objectivity if you weren't twerking for Busquets and calling others "monkeys"

Pipe down :lol:

M3ls

By the way, for the first two years in Barcelona, ​​Suarez had no complaints at all regarding the game without the ball. But starting from his third season, he began to be lazy.

By the way, Lucho (I can upload the interview) praised Neymar very much for the fact that he helped the defense well despite his status.

M3ls

In this interview, he subtly hinted that Suarez and Leo did not do this in the 16-17 season, and Neymar - yes, he helped the defense.

M3ls

You would have a better case at objectivity if you weren't twerking for Busquets and calling others "monkeys"

Pipe down :lol:

What else can I call people who have been watching football for a hundred years but still don't know the basic things about it?

M3ls

Stop comparing the football of national teams and clubs.

These are different stages in terms of the tactical level. Absolutely.

soul24rage

By the way, for the first two years in Barcelona, ​​Suarez had no complaints at all regarding the game without the ball. But starting from his third season, he began to be lazy.

By the way, Lucho (I can upload the interview) praised Neymar very much for the fact that he helped the defense well despite his status.

Please upload it

Birdy

Van Gaal wants Messi to be more effective with Barcelona in Europe: "Messi should be wondering how it's possible that it's been so long without winning a Champions League. I like Messi as an individual player. He is the best individual player in the world because his statistics are amazing. I like him! But why hasn't he won the Champions League for five years?".

The former Barcelona manager wasn't done there, however: "As captain, he must ask himself why the team doesn't win in Europe. Bar?a have a wonderful squad. I think Messi is also responsible for what is happening at Barcelona".

"How many Champions Leagues have Barcelona won with who they say is the best player in the world? Look at Neymar at PSG. How many Champions Leagues has he won? I like Neymar and Messi as individual players, not as team players," insisted the 67 year-old.

Absolute specimen of an interview.

Hang it in a museum

PS: Mind you, he said all that in 2019, after the best individual season of Messi in CL according to many

Last edited:

Messigician

Jerome Rothen on Leo Messi: ?We don?t want him. He?s not invested in the club. 18G/16A is all well and good against Angers and Clermont, but he disappears in big games. It?s a joke. We?ve seen what he can do [in the World Cup]. He just doesn?t help PSG in the slightest.? 😳🔥

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans