Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

Best thing now for messi is if psg get a top English, spanish(real or atleti) and Italian club in the Champions League group stage. There is not one game in the French league that will help his legacy really so the more big games he gets in Europe the better

True. But no one really cares. PSG are bigger than Ligue1.

People are tuning in to see what Messi does against farmers in the same way people tuned in to the Globetrotters to see what magic they did against beanstalks, prime Tyson against cans or even Neymar initially in France.

So it's not so much as can he bring it outside of Spain like if he went to EPL or even Serie A.

Of course as far as his legacy, the Q is can he win another CL. But CR7 didn't at Juve and it hasn't really harmed him

behindbrowneyes

After Leo Messi left LaLiga, Real Madrid players finally have the time to rebuild the Bernabeu stadium that has been destroyed by Messi every year since 2005.

239441759_1526812904329208_6145986331537370167_n.jpg

Morten

Strange timing to bring that up now, considering he didn't do much(or anything) in the last 3 years of El Clasicos.

eaman

its not because the league but because of the club and bundesliga is better than you think.

It is the league as well. Most people want to see messi prove it in a better league not a worse one than he was in. And looking at his possible opponents in the Champions League group stage it doesn't really help him

eaman

True. But no one really cares. PSG are bigger than Ligue1.

People are tuning in to see what Messi does against farmers in the same way people tuned in to the Globetrotters to see what magic they did against beanstalks, prime Tyson against cans or even Neymar initially in France.

So it's not so much as can he bring it outside of Spain like if he went to EPL or even Serie A.

Of course as far as his legacy, the Q is can he win another CL. But CR7 didn't at Juve and it hasn't really harmed him

I'd rather see him doing it against decent premier league opposition. I actually think he'd look better in the premier league with city. City's midfield is more creative and better at keeping the ball than psgs

KingLeo10

It is the league as well. Most people want to see messi prove it in a better league not a worse one than he was in. And looking at his possible opponents in the Champions League group stage it doesn't really help him

He proved more than enough in the strongest league in the world from 2009-2018. Not just Barca and RM's 7 CL titles, but look at the success of AM, Sevilla and such across Europa and CL in that time period.

eaman

He proved more than enough in the strongest league in the world from 2009-2018. Not just Barca and RM's 7 CL titles, but look at the success of AM, Sevilla and such across Europa and CL in that time period.

Of course but from my part of the world and many others there will always be the people who go on about him not doing it in a faster paced more physical league. That's a myth about the premier league in my opinion anyway. Football is played at pretty much the same pace in all the top leagues. Personally I would have loved to have seen him in the premier league and have all the English pundits on soccer Saturday and match of the day and people around my area all talking about his brilliance every week. Now no one really will except for big champions league nights.dont speak French or Arabic so will have no idea what they will be saying about him every week. Bt sport do show ligue 1 but no punditry on that. Even if there was it wouldn't be the same because its not the best league anyway

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Dudes and dudets, its time to move on... Messi was our messiah and now he's in PSG (fuck that club!) - we move on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans