Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassvet

Just thinking how Koeman, Pique, Lenglet, and MATS might cost Messi the ballon d'or by letting Lewy score 3-4 against us in each group match :(

Wambo

S4bY7CK.jpg

Just found this recently. What do you think about this argument? Does winning multiple league titles in 4 countries, which are part of the Top 5 Leagues, makes someone a better, more accomplished player?

malvolio

S4bY7CK.jpg

Just found this recently. What do you think about this argument? Does winning multiple league titles in 4 countries, which are part of the Top 5 Leagues, makes someone a better, more accomplished player?

that's like asking if jorginho is better now that he won CL and Euros.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
S4bY7CK.jpg

That pic is totally biased to make CR's local accomplishments seem better than they are. The RM trophy he is holding is Copa Del Rey, lol, a trophy that Messi won 6 times. The Portuguese trophy is also just a Portuguese Super Cup I think. On the level of league trophies, Messi absolutely smokes him, especially in direct comparison in La Liga. The only argument Ronaldo has is CL. He has 5 where he was pivotal compared to Messi's 4, and Leo was largely absent in the 2006 victory due to injury, missing the knockout stages starting from the quarterfinals.

FinBarcelonafan

S4bY7CK.jpg

It's impressive but who cares about winning Serie A with Juventus vs poor generation of Italian teams?? You call that achievement? They have won it nearly every year for the past ten.

Also, LaLiga had the best teams in the world for a long time. Makes Messis success more impressive.

akaranzo

S4bY7CK.jpg

Absolutely not lol. Also it's ridiculous how they make it seem like the French league is suddenly far behind Portugal, they'll probably switch places again by next year.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
S4bY7CK.jpg

I've never really understood this argument. When Ronaldo was at Man United he was at the best team in England, when he was at Real Madrid he was at the most expensive team assembled at the time, when he joined Juventus he joined the best team in Italy.

Ronaldo has jumped to the most successful team in each league he has went to. In doing so he has managed to navigate to teams that maintained their success, usually to his benefit.

If Ronaldo had remained at Man United would he have won as many trophies? I think everyone can agree that he wouldn't, so moving teams has benefited his trophy haul.

Messi on the other hand has remained at Barca despite their atrocious form in recent years to a detriment to his trophy haul.

If Messi had moved teams to say City, Juve, Bayern, PSG etc who have been better than Barca in more recent years then the argument could be made that he would have been winning more trophies, not less.

ebc_99

I don't think there are many people who think Ronaldo is on Messi's level at this point. The gap between them as players is quite large but Cristiano had fans of 3 of the worlds biggest clubs arguing his case for years but if he goes to Man City then he will lose alot of his support from Utd fans especially and Juve fans to a lesser extent. Messi has most of the casual fans in my experience, I haven't met anyone who would choose Ronaldo over Messi who doesn't support Utd or Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans