Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxx

They're saying that Messi has flown to Ibiza to finalize his deal with PSG. Why the hell would Messi fly out at this time to finalize a deal with a French club in Ibiza? lol

We'll see if this is true or not tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Jadentheman

Messi is only making 25 million a year for 2 years at PSG Laporta couldn't manage that? How much are they paying Augero Garcia Depay? That's more than 25 million if they didn't add them we still have Messi. They'd rather have these players than Messi. Laporta is a terrible human being. He might as well be Barto.

They are an oil rich nation. They're aere doing more than giving him 25 million a year. He probably getting unfethered private qatar airways flights, a concierge service, a million dollar house or two, a "personal trainer" for Antonella :lol:, and who knows what else.

malvolio

I was listening to some guy that follows Barcelona for years on Youtube. He thinks it was Catalan elite that pushed him out to some degree. And he also spoke on how this isn't the first time great players got pushed out in an odd fashion and made list of star players spanning decades on their exit from Barca. I think Barca is a pedigree club priding itself having world class players play in their prime, at their peak. But once they peak it's time to ship them off. Anyways link to video.

Very good podcast. Thanks for sharing this. An eye opener on catalan politics around the club.

Horatio

You're welcome
Screw it, I am going to watch all of it.

Guy sounds Brazilian going by his accent.

Edit: He just confirmed it. But man learned catalan and spanish lol.

Edit 2: @22:11 he says that if Laporta had gone to court and judge would rule in favour of players he would have to pay extra fees. What are these fees? Not an explanation given.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No chance this is real.

Probably club trying to change the narrative.

Although with all the twists and turns you can never say never I guess....

Zidane82

Aha ...

Barcelona make one last proposal to Leo Messi

The Argentine and the club negotiate in the morning an offer that arrives after the farewell

Barca's option is not completely closed

Ferran Reverter, CEO of the club, is the interlocutor

Tackle

Seems like PR stunt by Reverter to make it seem as if he did everything to keep Messi after the leaks that came out about him in the last few days. Imagine the scenes if it did happen. Would be the most well executed "powerplay" of all time. Tears, farewell messages, tributes etc. It had everything.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If it's a PR stunt by the club to change the narrative it's quite disgusting and can very easily be proven to be fake news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans