Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

Getting lame at this point. This dude can't do anything without a disasterclass of PR it seems.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Getting lame at this point. This dude can't do anything with a disasterclass of PR it seems.

Come on man, till few months ago the media talked about Neymar coming back, you think they will let the Messi drama go away easily? We will live in "Messi wants to come back, Barca are exploring options to make it happens" until his sons retire from football

xxxxxx

It is bullshit. They literally just did a press conference for him. I am willing to bet that Messi is pissed off with Laporta that there is no going back now.

Jadentheman

Screw it, I am going to watch all of it.

Guy sounds Brazilian going by his accent.

Edit: He just confirmed it. But man learned catalan and spanish lol.

Edit 2: @22:11 he says that if Laporta had gone to court and judge would rule in favour of players he would have to pay extra fees. What are these fees? Not an explanation given.

Re-watching it right now. I assume because of COVID or whatever their contracts states, the club might have to pay them more money towards their wages as well as have even more difficultly offloading them from the club. So Laporta instead used Messi as an example, because the club is already broke and in debt and had they signed him on for more seasons it would have further broken the club anyways due to Messi's wages on top of the fact he would eventually leave so all that sponsorship money and jersey sales, etc was going to go away eventually. But getting rid of Messi that solves the extra wage burden as well as allow Laporta to argue in court to go and offload the deadweights or successfully reduce their wages without any fear of the situation going the negative way for the club.

Then Resende goes on and talks about Laporta and the board wanting a reset anyway because they already at square one with finances and with Messi gone they can do it. On top of having a want to eliminate the old guard of players because they're all players of the Rosell/Barto administration and wanting to start anew with their crop of players.

A lot of it ties in with politics between previous board, the new one, past grudges and bad blood. And of course what seems like Catalan elite using the club for their own political gain and such and such.

I believe Laporta would have wanted Messi. I do, but when he was elected and he saw all that red ink and flubbing of account balances and so on and so forth, he knew that having Messi continue at the club in whatever plan he had was a bonus and luxury, not a necessity. He knew that if he had to make the hard decision for the long term future of the club, then he would do it and he did.

Barto and Rosell definitely need to go to prison. I firmly believe there was money laundering and embezzlement during their tenure.

EDIT: 2:00:00 onward he actually gave insight on all the challenges Messi faced. I didn't know aobut the drunk driver car accident that saw the death of his good friend right before the 2014 WC final on top of injury of Di Maria.

Last edited:

FC433

This could explain why we have not registered our players just yet. Trying to see if we still can resign Messi first, I suppose.

Horatio

You're welcome
[MENTION=11970]Jadentheman[/MENTION] thanks for the explanation. I am 1.5 hours into the podcast. Cool journalist. Passionate about the club and knows his history. Good stuff.

xxxxxx

Messi already agreed to a deal with us, so it is nothing to do with a deal why he did not sign that deal. We could not sign him due to the La Liga restrictions. That is why this news is bullshit.

Messi could play for free and we still would not be able to register him. I also highly doubt that Messi and Laporta are on good terms now. I am pretty certain that Laporta strung him along the whole summer. Look at that video of Messi and Laporta before the press conference and you will see that Laporta wanted to hug Messi but Messi only gave him a handshake to be polite. There is bad blood there now, and we know what Messi is like when he is pissed off at someone.

snowy

o por favor no mas!

between all these plot twists and Bichelorette Kathie Meow breaking Greg's heart only to turn around and finger Blake, esta demasiado mucho mucho confuso

I swear, next Mercato I'll take a long vaca to Bora-Bora :snorkle:

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Mark Pratts (@Laporteriabtv): We cannot confirm Messi is staying or not, but we assure you that there is a new offer from Barcelona and there are negotiations

Mark Pratts is generally a reliable source.

https://twitter.com/marcmarba

New offer? What? An offer was already agreed upon with Messi already, the issue was with La Liga. Where are these sources getting their nonsense from?

Rassvet

Relax guys, it is done

A message for some journalists looking for false emotions.
Things are 100% fixed. Messi to Paris Saint-Germain

It is not necessary to play with the emotions of the great Barcelona fans

(family member of the Emir of Qatar)

Devils

At this very moment, Leo Messi is negotiating with Barcelona @ESPNArgentina @PolloVignolo

Pollo Vignolo is TIER 1 for Messi and is close to his entourage.

E8ZHImJWEAETKbF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans