Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassvet

I do think Argentina are one of the favourites this time around. They have a real grit about them now. In 2018 you knew they had no hope.

It's going to be the first world cup in some years where there isn't a clear 3 or 4 nations ahead of the others. Usually you could pick out say France, Brazil, Germany, Spain because they've recently been the stronger nations and others like Netherlands, Italy, Argentina, Portugal etc weren't going through a good period.

But right now there are about 7 or 8 teams who could be in the running all who have their strengths and weaknesses.

There are probably 6-7 teams in the running but not sure Argentina is one of them. I see them closer to the tier 2 European teams like Switzerland, Croatia, Serbia, or Denmark than to the favorites.

malvolio

There are probably 6-7 teams in the running but not sure Argentina is one of them. I see them closer to the tier 2 European teams like Switzerland, Croatia, Serbia, or Denmark than to the favorites.

That's shite even by your usual clown trolling standards.

Andresito

Staff member
lol @ the absurd idea that argentina is a WC contender :lol:

sure theyre a traditional powerhouse, but pls

Dude Argentina haven't lost since 2019. Played multiple games against Brazil, Chile, Uruguay and the rest of SA teams since then. Doesn't mean they demolish every team they play, but they're very tough to beat.

Jadentheman

Last I checked France looked like shit and went out to Switzerland and Italy have been struggling to get to the World Cup.

European teams aren't all that. Spain lack a proper goalscorer to make a difference too. Germany struggle with the same. No proper goalscorer.

Both Brazil and Argentina have a big chance for this one. They are ascending teams.

Agreed. Euro 2021 showcased how these teams are overhyped. England is talented but with their terrorist manager they probably won't reach their potential.

Morten

Agreed. Euro 2021 showcased how these teams are overhyped. England is talented but with their terrorist manager they probably won't reach their potential.

And yet, the last time a country outside of Europe won the world cup was 20 years ago or something.

The trend can be broken, of course, but make no mistake, the best NT sides in the world tend to be European.

FinBarcelonafan

Look, if Spain 2010 or even German 2014 were in this competition, I would put Argentina as a CLEAR step below them because the quality of players is simply too much to surmount, even with cohesion.

But these iterations of Germany and Spain are not that impressive IMO. But, admittedly, if Pedri and Gavi continue their rapid ascent, Spain might be a good dark horse candidate. Especially with the baller Lucho at the helm.

Healthy Fati and Spain could win. They need exactly someone like him.

Otherwise your post is spot on. Nobody is really that good, so it's going to be tight. Up to the level of your play that month. Who knows. Personally see quite many teams who could win, but no clear favourite.

malvolio

And yet, the last time a country outside of Europe won the world cup was 20 years ago or something.

The trend can be broken, of course, but make no mistake, the best NT sides in the world tend to be European.

Brazil and to a lesser extent Argentina are the only teams from outside Europe that are really competing(have title winning aspirations) at WCs.

iniestaGOAT

Healthy Fati and Spain could win. They need exactly someone like him.

Otherwise your post is spot on. Nobody is really that good, so it's going to be tight. Up to the level of your play that month. Who knows. Personally see quite many teams who could win, but no clear favourite.

Nah Spain's too young.. Argentina will lil bro them.

4 years later with older gavi fati and Pedri for sure

FinBarcelonafan

Nah Spain's too young.. Argentina will lil bro them.

4 years later with older gavi fati and Pedri for sure

Spain was best team in euro(opinion) or even if you argue top3. How is that not capable of winning it all?

In four years they should be able to dominate and win. Now I am just talking about having chance to win. It would be close win at best.

iniestaGOAT

Spain was best team in euro(opinion) or even if you argue top3. How is that not capable of winning it all?

In four years they should be able to dominate and win. Now I am just talking about having chance to win. It would be close win at best.

Top 3 in the euros. They kind of overachieved bro.

Behind Argentina, France and Brazil. Other teams, it could go either way. Their chances are very low. But in 4 years they should dominate.

FinBarcelonafan

Top 3 in the euros. They kind of overachieved bro.

Behind Argentina, France and Brazil. Other teams, it could go either way. Their chances are very low. But in 4 years they should dominate.

France seems to have internal problems. Overly cocky and solo players.

I am not sure if Brazil is all that especially if Neymar keeps declining. If Neymar plays well they have a chance, if not I don't see it at all.

RF20

Banned
Laughing at the overrating of Argentina nt in this thread. Argentina don't have the X Factor

The truth is that no one can predict world cups. It's all about rythm, form and a bit of luck.

Waiting for the reality check this forum will face when Argentina face actually tough opponents

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans