Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF20

Banned
France seems to have internal problems. Overly cocky and solo players.

I am not sure if Brazil is all that especially if Neymar keeps declining. If Neymar plays well they have a chance, if not I don't see it at all.

That already happened in the Euros.

They'll probably learn their lesson from that and act like a proper team this WC

Rory

Every team at the World cup is a contender. Remember Greece in the Euros all them years ago. I don't think Argentina will win the WC but they grind out results, play as a team and have a WC big game goalkeeper. All the things necessary to win an international tournament. Combine that with recent experience of actually winning something and they're far more likely to go all the way than many others.

Only overrating of national teams that occurs is of the England team every tournament despite them never being near the best team.

malvolio

Every team at the World cup is a contender. Remember Greece in the Euros all them years ago. I don't think Argentina will win the WC but they grind out results, play as a team and have a WC big game goalkeeper. All the things necessary to win an international tournament. Combine that with recent experience of actually winning something and they're far more likely to go all the way than many others.

Only overrating of national teams that occurs is of the England team every tournament despite them never being near the best team.

You then check history and notice that no team has fluked a WC. Teams that win the WC are from the actual contenders group.

So not comparable to the likes of Greece or Denmark winning Euros.

feggydinho

France seems to have internal problems. Overly cocky and solo players.

I am not sure if Brazil is all that especially if Neymar keeps declining. If Neymar plays well they have a chance, if not I don't see it at all.

Brazil is okay and can still play well without Neymar though I don't see them going far, present Neymar isn't all that again anyways. I was disappointed with France though cause they've got many quality players.

Horatio

You're welcome
Siuuu called it again. Poch will not go to Man U and fulfill contract at psg and hiding man Zidane will not manage PSG.

Rassvet

Koeman: “When you see that they sign someone for €55m shortly after letting Messi go, it makes you wonder if something else was happening. Why did Messi have to leave?" [ESPN]

JamDav1982

Koeman needs to get educated on the finances of Messi and Torres deal.

He most likely is but knows most folk will make same calculation which is miles off.

xXKonan

We had to rip off that Messi band-aid at some point.

I think the only real shitty part of it was Laporta saying everything was fine and his renewal was on track but it turned out it was impossible at the time. Things have changed quite a bit since then at least in a financial aspect.

CatalinR10

Snakeporta.

Never forget.

He was right tho. He did make an offer that Messi had no way of refusing. That of leaving the club.

Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans