Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

It is clear as day there is more talent in EPL across the board. Have players in top international teams fighting relegation.

Likes of Villa even have Argies GK, Polish RB wanted by Atletico, French Intl LB, English intl CB, Brazil intl DM, McGinn who is wanted by top team in EPL, Coutinho, x2 English intl strikers, players like Bailey who was good in Germany and can barely get a game.

Compare that lot to who for talent? Elche? Some mid table team.

It's true in some isolated cases, but overall there is not a big difference in quality on the field.

Villa IMO belongs in a higher position. If you want to compare, compare them to someone like Bilbao from 7-8 place. Bilbao has some top players as well no?

I'd say not many teams in EPL would deal with or dominate Athletic Bilbao away.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Aye thats why more good players coming through there than mid to lower la liga bruv.

plenty of cracks came up through Segunda, it's the same thing. It's a revolutionary concept that the second tier of leagues has good players that go on to play in the highest division, I know

JamDav1982

It's true in some isolated cases, but overall there is not a big difference in quality on the field.

Not isolated at all the squad in general are far better. Leeds are fighting relegation and have Brazilian, English and Spanish internationals.

Mid table teams with plenty of talent.... then see names pulled up for La Liga. It is a hard read.

JamDav1982

plenty of cracks came up through Segunda, it's the same thing. It's a revolutionary concept that the second tier of leagues has good players that go on to play in the highest division, I know

I agree there would be some very young players signed from lower leagues in Spain that are class and find their way to top teams.

Players coming up with promoted teams into league not so much.

Pedri good example then have likes of Bellingham etc coming through championship. That league has a lot of money also.

In terms of numbers.. much more players making step up to being good players immediately from championship than lower La liga teams.

serghei

Not isolated at all the squad in general are far better. Leeds are fighting relegation and have Brazilian, English and Spanish internationals.

Mid table teams with plenty of talent.... then see names pulled up for La Liga. It is a hard read.

That's mostly on paper. Bigger names don't necessarily transport that "popularity" on the field in terms of performances. It's hard to measure someone like Inaki Williams to a corresponding EPL 6-10th place winger.

Is Inaki worse than Wolverhampton's best winger? I don't think so.

It's hard one to argue. Because if the player quality would be as big, United should have swept the floor with Villareal last season in the EL final. Yet it was an even game. Many more examples like that.

There is a difference between PL and La Liga, but it's marginal, and not enough to make the corresponding English teams have a definitive edge over La Liga counterparts.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

That's mostly on paper. Bigger names don't necessarily transport that "popularity" on the field in terms of performances. It's hard to measure someone like Inaki Williams to a corresponding EPL 6-10th place winger.

Is Inaki worse than Wolverhampton's best winger? I don't think so.

It's hard one to argue. Because if the player quality would be as big, United should have swept the floor with Villareal last season in the EL final. Yet it was an even game. Many more examples like that.

Talking about on field performance not just names.

The type of performances that attract attention of bigger clubs and to play at higher level in intl etc.

It is not even close.

I would have Neto from Wolves every time over Inaki Williams and would have had Jota before him.

Traore was not even a regular starter at Wolves either and is he worse than Inaki? Would you swap them? Unlikely.

serghei

Talking about on field performance not just names.

The type of performances that attract attention of bigger clubs and to play at higher level in intl etc.

It is not even close.

I would have Neto from Wolves every time over Inaki Williams and would have had Jota before him.

Traore was not even a regular starter at Wolves either and is he worse than Inaki? Would you swap them? Unlikely.

West Ham vs Sevilla will be good to put this to a test.

JamDav1982

How evenly matched Spanish and English teams are outside of the top 3 in EPL (Liverpool, City, and Chelsea).

Where do you rank Sevilla in Spain compared to West Ham?

I would have Sevilla as one of top 2/3 teams in Spain and West Ham 7/8th in EPL.

Would expect Sevilla to go through.

serghei

Where do you rank Sevilla in Spain compared to West Ham?

I would have Sevilla as one of top 2/3 teams in Spain and West Ham 7/8th in EPL.

Would expect Sevilla to go through.

I'd have Sevilla 4th, and West Ham 6th.

I'd have Atletico 3rd in Spain in terms of quality, and United 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans