Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassvet

I hope Messi is able to reflect later on and see why he's been bashed, which has more to do with how he loses. I remember Neymar crying back then when we lost to Juventus in CL, u could see the fight in him in d game (so u won't really blame him seeing that he gave his all) but Messi was just passive and that makes people believe that he would've done more, same thing happened against PSG where Neymar kept running n believing but Messi was also still passive so i believe it's just part of him and also his worse trait. Still doesn't change him from being the GOAT n a legend for us.

I mean this is like his 7th passive performance in a CL exit in the last 9 seasons with 2015 and 2019 the two exceptions. I wouldn't expect this one to lead to some kind of awakening on his part and it's probably too late in his career for it anyway.

kattanib

I dont kick a man while he is down, I let you do that dirty work. I just simply put the man down.

I said Messi was hurting us few years ago .. I said Dembele is inconsistent and cannot be relied on in his first season with Barca .. and I said that a Barca with every player involved and that works as a unit will make us fans happier in the long run compared to Lord Messi worshipping

Fati_Future_BallonDor

since 2014 he had his worst seasons after a great one (some of his best), but this time I really doubt he'll comeback with revenge like the other times.

he has always a GOAT season after world cup:

can imagine him having a good season in 2023 but will surely not on GOAT level anymore

Raketa10

I seriously don't understand all that fuss. PSG stinks and they are out. What's even worse they were thrown out by an average RM. The entire world expects that a semi retired 35y old guy plays like he is 27. :lol: To be fair this is a bit comical.

The most comical are guys who now want to make a case by claiming Messi is bad at 35y of age while he dominated the game for over 15 years. :lol:

Last edited:

MagIX

L'equipe didn't roasted him and gave a good rating, stunning

Because he had a good game till the 1-1. I watched yesterday's match on Canal Plus (french channel), they prised him for the 1st half time.
They correctly roasted him for the 1st leg.

Said that, i can only add:

Time to retire Mr. GOAT. It was nice watching you play all these years. Now, play that one last WC next year and go to well deserved retirement!

Kul_z

I mean this is like his 7th passive performance in a CL exit in the last 9 seasons with 2015 and 2019 the two exceptions. I wouldn't expect this one to lead to some kind of awakening on his part and it's probably too late in his career for it anyway.

He was good against psg last season. But he sulks in the game, not before it and that was his problem

malvolio

some stupid/biased takes in here as usual. messi was fine last night, as were mbappe and neymar. until PSG's GK, defense and midfield decided to throw the game away.

yes, at 3-1 down PSG's front three just stayed up top and didn't press anymore. can't really fault them as it was already the 80th minute by the time real went 3-1 and they needed the energy for counters and focusing on getting a lucky goal in the remaining ~15'.

Messigician

some stupid/biased takes in here as usual. messi was fine last night, as were mbappe and neymar. until PSG's GK, defense and midfield decided to throw the game away.

yes, at 3-1 down PSG's front three just stayed up top and didn't press anymore. can't really fault them as it was already the 80th minute by the time real went 3-1 and they needed the energy for counters and focusing on getting a lucky goal in the remaining ~15'.

Cope

mc_lovin

Messi will get most of the flak, but what the heck was Donnarumma doing? The more I see of the scene the more I want to cry.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

come on, saying that Messi was fine yesterday just proves how much he has fallen. You're doing a disservice to him.

slicknick

Really pains me to say this, but he is quite simply finished, besides occasional long-range passes, a few dribbles et al...It's over.
Thank you for all the memories, Leo. :(

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Neymar and Messi were fine in terms of passing but PSG clearly missed another guy who can score. As bad as icardi has been often he should have come after real scored the 1-1.

mc_lovin

Hope we give him a nice farewell when he finishes his European career, but I am quite happy how everything has turned out. Wasn't too bothered when he left and yesterday confirmed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans