Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassvet

Its not disinterest, Messi wants to win, he just doesn't have the extreme physical gifts anymore.

I actually have to agree with you over Messigician and OG on this. I don't think Messi has been trying much less at PSG than he was at Barca. Apart from 2019, his effort in a lot of the champions league knockout matches at Barca during his latter years was quite poor as well.

He's just less effective now as he has declined more with age and exposed a bit in a different system from what he had at Barcelona.

OGbarca

Banned
I actually have to agree with you over Messigician and OG on this. I don't think Messi has been trying much less at PSG than he was at Barca. Apart from 2019, his effort in a lot of the champions league knockout matches at Barca during his latter years was quite poor as well.

He's just less effective now as he has declined more with age and exposed a bit in a different system from what he had at Barcelona.

idk man, did u see modric go on that run against psg? hes older than messi. that is what you call trying, wanting to win. when was the last time you saw messi make that much effort?

Morten

People just get older mate, Messi was very rare in that he had extreme talent both technical and physical at the same time(like R9, i guess), without the physical aspect, Messi is a fine playmaker, but he can't run past players at will anymore and create unbalance.

You could say the same for Cristiano, i suppose, just with a different kind of extreme physicality, and lesser technical gifts.

OGbarca

Banned
seems pretty obvious to me what i watch that awful United side that CR is absolutely trying to win

cant say the same at all about messi

Morten

seems pretty obvious to me what i watch that awful United side that CR is absolutely trying to win

You didn't even watch the last United-game, i'm pretty sure.

Everything you criticize Messi for you can say the same for Ronaldo, head down, not there, miserable etc.

Neither are leaders.

feggydinho

idk man, did u see modric go on that run against psg? hes older than messi. that is what you call trying, wanting to win. when was the last time you saw messi make that much effort?

You'd have to agree that people are built differently and some have better stamina or energy than others, Modric like Alves is a different breed (they've got bags of energy in them even at old age), the same can't be said for Messi

Morten

You'd have to agree that people are built differently and some have better stamina or energy than others, Modric like Alves is a different breed (they've got bags of energy in them even at old age), the same can't be said for Messi

Age isn't everything, you also have to look at total amount of games(though certainly, both are athletic freaks).

iniestaGOAT

Ronaldo is finished, hes way worse than Messi. But thats okay hes older and they are both done at highest level.

But Messi will show up one last time in qatar

CatalinR10

zf7ukx83tf381.jpg

Imagine having a big family but still more ballon d'ors than family members.

He should have 2 more kids for the extra 2 Ballon d'ors in the pic but problem is , by that time he'll already have 1 more Ballon D'or due to winning the world cup.

Just GOAT problems :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans