Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Bayern hasn't played a team of PSG's caliber this season though. Imagine the Bayern-Barca first half, but with PSG's attack instead of ours.

WC will have a big influence anyway.

Poor man,
You are in for a huge copium when Bayern humiliates Qatar SG

I feel you

fergus90

PSG will get a beating unless they majorly improve their defence in the transfer window.

They very much remind me of 2016-19 Barca, where the frontline is great but the rest of the team is far behind in quality.

Horatio

You're welcome
CL dynamic indeed will be a bit different with WC as front-runner. You know who benefits from new changes to the established format? That’s right, Real Madrid

malvolio

PSG will get a beating unless they majorly improve their defence in the transfer window.

They very much remind me of 2016-19 Barca, where the frontline is great but the rest of the team is far behind in quality.

I feel people in here are over hyping Bayern again, as it happens every year. The fact that they are ruthless in some games and spank teams with big scorelines, doesn't means they are unbeatable.

Villareal beat them last season and they haven't improved this season. And last season they've also spanked teams for fun in their group.

fergus90

I feel people in here are over hyping Bayern again, as it happens every year. The fact that they are ruthless in some games and spank teams with big scorelines, doesn't means they are unbeatable.

Villareal beat them last season and they haven't improved this season. And last season they've also spanked teams for fun in their group.

Bayern have improved especially in the last couple months. But just because I think they’re better than PSG doesn’t mean I think they’re unbeatable. Far from it.

malvolio

Bayern have improved especially in the last couple months. But just because I think they’re better than PSG doesn’t mean I think they’re unbeatable. Far from it.

Tie can go either way, that's a given. What have Bayern improved on, Choupo at striker?

fergus90

Tie can go either way, that's a given. What have Bayern improved on, Choupo at striker?

Since September they’ve been playing some really good football. Sane and Musiala combination is strong, Davies always a threat down the channels plus their CB pairings are starting to really gel. Nagelsmann seems to have found a balance in the team now as last year they were playing with 5 attackers some games.

It’s all leading to a Napoli Serie A/ CL double anyway.

khaled_a_d

Their midfield is good IMO, at least they have the players for it.
Defense needs a lot of work though

Raketa10

I have a feeling he will sacrifice his body for this tournament. Won't be surprised if he slows significantly afterwards.

If he somehow manages to win this WC he won't give a fuck about PSG or CL anymore. He will walk for the rest of the season with PSG. :lol:

malvolio

Details from Messi's new biography.

https://twitter.com/Lionel30i/status/1589448822547447808?s=20&t=q_3HCzXdhSjNU8ByYuy_Dg - some points below, but there are more in the twitter thread

---For 5 months, Laporta’s statements to the media were positive as he and Messi built up their relationship

---Salary was never the issue during the first few months of negotiations, but Messi's primary demand remained unanswered - Making a competitive team

---Messi had agreed to a 75% paycut in first year of the new contract, and by half over the deal's full length

---Everything was ready for Messi's renewal to be made official on August 5th

---On August 4th, Jorge Messi called up Rafa Yuste (Sporting Director - VP) who simply let him know that "Laporta isn't interested anymore"

---Laporta explained to Jorge Messi when they met later that he was unwilling to sink the club further and wasn't willing to take Tebas' offer of signing the CVC deal to renew Messi either

---The Club tried creating 2 False Narratives about the situation

1. Jorge had already been in discussions with PSG and was tightening a contractual noose around Barcelona’s neck

2. Jorge asked for a higher signing on bonus than previously agreed which caused Laporta to change his mind

---The weeks following the announcement were extremely tense for Jorge and Leo, as Jorge had already rejected Manchester City and PSG multiple times during the summer transfer window. City were no longer capable of signing Messi as they had already invested in Grealish. But PSG welcomed Messi with open arms

---Barca faced immediate backlash following Messi's departure as Rakuten, the club's biggest sponsor, abandoned them. Three international companies who were on the verge of signing also refused to sign without Messi. 26,000 members withdrew their memberships.

---The phrase ‘we’ll talk when the time comes’ was a common strategy for Laporta. The other candidates had plans for their first 100 days as president. Laporta worked on the fly as shown by delaying the players’ salary reduction until late summer.

Last edited:

Messigician

Details from Messi's new biography.

https://twitter.com/Lionel30i/status/1589448822547447808?s=20&t=q_3HCzXdhSjNU8ByYuy_Dg - some points below, but there are more in the twitter thread

---For 5 months, Laporta?s statements to the media were positive as he and Messi built up their relationship

---Salary was never the issue during the first few months of negotiations, but Messi's primary demand remained unanswered - Making a competitive team

---Messi had agreed to a 75% paycut in first year of the new contract, and by half over the deal's full length

---Everything was ready for Messi's renewal to be made official on August 5th

---On August 4th, Jorge Messi called up Rafa Yuste (Sporting Director - VP) who simply let him know that "Laporta isn't interested anymore"

---Laporta explained to Jorge Messi when they met later that he was unwilling to sink the club further and wasn't willing to take Tebas' offer of signing the CVC deal to renew Messi either

---The Club tried creating 2 False Narratives about the situation

1. Jorge had already been in discussions with PSG and was tightening a contractual noose around Barcelona?s neck

2. Jorge asked for a higher signing on bonus than previously agreed which caused Laporta to change his mind

---The weeks following the announcement were extremely tense for Jorge and Leo, as Jorge had already rejected Manchester City and PSG multiple times during the summer transfer window. City were no longer capable of signing Messi as they had already invested in Grealish. But PSG welcomed Messi with open arms

---Barca faced immediate backlash following Messi's departure as Rakuten, the club's biggest sponsor, abandoned them. Three international companies who were on the verge of signing also refused to sign without Messi. 26,000 members withdrew their memberships.

---The phrase ?we?ll talk when the time comes? was a common strategy for Laporta. The other candidates had plans for their first 100 days as president. Laporta worked on the fly as shown by delaying the players? salary reduction until late summer.

Shit way to do business tbh

Lying Joan Laporta

FinBarcelonafan

Bayern hasn't played a team of PSG's caliber this season though. Imagine the Bayern-Barca first half, but with PSG's attack instead of ours.

WC will have a big influence anyway.

True. PSG beats Bayern, especially the first away game. Even Barca had more chances than Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans